break in oil changed to Torco at 500 mile service

Status
Not open for further replies.

daz

Or so they said ! remember my post where i was trying to decide whether to use the free oil changes the dealer offered with torco semi or to buy amsoil? Well, at the 500 mile change they supposedly put torco semi in but when i got home and checked the oil it was clear. I mean as clear as wather to the point i couldn't tell there was anything on the dipstick till i finally saw the gloss of the clear oil in a certain light. Heres why i wonder if they lied and didn't change it. first, a guy with the same bike said he checked his oil BEFORE the break in oil was changed and it was clear, and never having seen clear motor oil in my life i assumed maybe the break in oil triumph uses is clear. So i went to the torco site and tried to look at thier spec sheet for the semi, but the file is not available. So i looked at the next oil listed and sure enough it DID have a spec for "appearance" and it said "amber". So if it's amber, and from what i saw this other guy with the same bike said about his break in oil being clear, i cant help but think these guys screwed up or didn't change the break in oil on purpose.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? have you ever seen torco semi? What color was it? Is clear typical of break in oil, or have you seen ANY oil thats clear?

I have used Torco T4MXR, a semi-synthetic, which I assume is similar and I remember it being very nearly clear with a golden tint to it. I wouldn't worry too much, if the dealer who's honoring the warranty changed the oil, then they must believe it what they put in, besides Torco is a good oil.

Oh, ok. If it's a light amber but nearly clear i can see how a thin film on the dipstick would appear to be completely clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back