Break in Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have 4000 miles on new Ford engine. Usually use Mobil 1 5W 30 syth, bought the oil and went to dealer to get filter and oil changed. They said use Ford 5W 20 untill 30K miles. Really want to change it out anyway but only 5W 30 nor 20W availiable. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

This is only related to your topic.

But a few months ago I was in Walmart and noticed they had a sign in the service area that indicated they would only put the weight oil from your oil fill cap into your car.

You know several oil analysis of 5w-20 seem to indicate it will stand up ok to 3000 mile change regiments. I'm not saying I'd use 5w-20 in anything I bought. But I might to keep the warranty valid.

quote:

Originally posted by Neil:
But a few months ago I was in Walmart and noticed they had a sign in the service area that indicated they would only put the weight oil from your oil fill cap into your car.

*sniff, sniff* my car doesn't have an oil weight listed on the filler cap. Then again, Wal-Mart doesn't carry the filter for it either!

Oh oh, now you've done it, another 5w20 topic:

-

grin.gif

[ February 02, 2003, 05:14 AM: Message edited by: Patman ]

See if there were any changes to that engine. Was it used in other years with 5w30? Is it sold outside the US with different recomendations?
Personally I'm not yet convinced that 5w20 is the way to go and niether is this country's service manager, so we continue with 5w30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back