Brand twins table requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
to you filter-cutting-open crazy cool guys, could someone post a modern update to the list of which filters are twins of each other on the inside, such as Mobil 1 M1-series = K&N, etc. along with who is currently the actual manufacturer of the filter (i.e. Champion, Toyo Roki, etc.)

especially the more premium filters that BITOG-ers are likely to be interested in.
20.gif

gracias

Last edited:
Baldwin = Hastings (Clarcor Corp.)

By the way, there is no more Champion Laboratories. Champ and Fram were bought by the New Zealand outfit, Rank, and merged. Also part of the group are Prestone, Autolite, and more brands.

Not wanting to wade through 26 pages, I just want to add:

Motorcraft is made by Purolator to Ford specs, while Ford factory-installed filters are made by Champion (which now comes up as "FRAM Filtration". A sad day indeed.)

If that's redundant, my bad.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Baldwin = Hastings (Clarcor Corp.)

By the way, there is no more Champion Laboratories. Champ and Fram were bought by the New Zealand outfit, Rank, and merged. Also part of the group are Prestone, Autolite, and more brands.

technically this is true, but Graeme Hart/Rank has a history of being a completely hands-off holding company, kind of an owner in monetary terms only, so the more realistic way to look at this is: Fram bought Champion with Rank's money and has renamed Champion as "Fram Filtration"

the fun part is watching my Fram-hating buddies buy their Mobil 1/K&N/TRD/Royal Purple filters and giving their money to Fram - lovin the irony!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back