Brand-new Chevy Cobalt..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Yes it has the 4T45E auto trans: http://media.gm.com/us/powertrain/en/pro...0MN5%20LoR.jpg. In regards to the cruise control thing, AFAIK, on throttle by wire equipped vehicles, CC is all software controlled. No auxillary servo motors attached, etc. My 2002 isuzu rodeo was like that, as was the 2005 trailblazer. I like this little car the more I drive it. I just cant get over how responsive and smooth it is compared to what I was used to, especially for the price. Bad thing is, the missus drove it for the first time today and loves it too!

Joel

Chain driven.

There is a guy on the saturn forum claiming 361,000 plus miles on a 2004 ION w/ 2.2 Ecotec.

He says it does not burn any oil. All the oil changes have been done by the Saturn dealer at 7000+ intervals.

I'm happy with my 2007 ION but have only got 10,000 miles on it so far.

I tried convincing my dad to push his OCI's past 3k on his 2006 ION but he refuses, even though it's a leased car. -shrugs- not a bad car though, he hasn't had any problems with it yet except for a random check engine light that came on when he first got it, and it took the dealer a month to receive their codes from GM to fix it.

Quote:

Chain driven.

There is a guy on the saturn forum claiming 361,000 plus miles on a 2004 ION w/ 2.2 Ecotec.

He says it does not burn any oil. All the oil changes have been done by the Saturn dealer at 7000+ intervals.

I'm happy with my 2007 ION but have only got 10,000 miles on it so far.

361K in 3-4 years?! That's almost too much to believe. Depending on when he got it, that could be anywhere from 90K to over 100K per year. Wow!

Same engine I have in my 2007 HHR LT
cool.gif
Great little engine so far but only about 1600 miles on it. Changed the oil at 1K and it was a breeze...I actually gave UP some mpg when I traded in my Matrix but the price was right (16.3K pretty well loaded with leather, 6 CD, fogs, boards etc, MSRP was 21195) and I just loved the car. Lots of room, pretty quiet and decent ride. I expect this engine to last for the long haul...it is the rest of the car that has me worried
wink.gif

HHR is pretty much a s/w version of the Cobalt...congrats!

Goose
patriot.gif

At the dealer where I bought my last car, there was a year-old Ford Explorer with ~165K miles on it.
crazy.gif

I asked them about it, but they said they didn't know the story, it came from an auction. Price was pretty high for the miles too, as I recall.

Quote:

At the dealer where I bought my last car, there was a year-old Ford Explorer with ~165K miles on it.
crazy.gif

I asked them about it, but they said they didn't know the story, it came from an auction. Price was pretty high for the miles too, as I recall.

I believe you, but that seems impossible to me that a year old vehicle could have that many miles.
Using my handy dandy calculator, 165,000 miles divided by 365 days a year = 452 miles a day. If it was 2 years old that would be 226 miles a day - every day of the year for 2 years. If it were some sort of delivery vehicle I guess maybe - just seems like a lot!

BTW, JOEL - when are you going to break the news to your friends over at Trailvoy?
cheers.gif

Quote:

361K in 3-4 years?! That's almost too much to believe. Depending on when he got it, that could be anywhere from 90K to over 100K per year. Wow!

If it helps, his ID is Deliveryman! He does claim over 100k per year pace. I believe he has also posted odometer pics.

I don't know him personally but it seems legit. There was even some mention of a write up in some Saturn publication or something.

Well, when I saw it and asked about it, the salesman said it was "a year old", but it was a 2005 model year vehicle and I was there in early 2007, so it may have been closer to two years old. It is quite a lot of miles!

Quote:

#1: There's nothing to attach it to. There's nothing external to the throttle body that moves.

I thought about it and came to the conclusion that add-on cruise control for a drive-by-wire vehicle could be connected to the gas pedal. It could then "push" the gas pedal as needed to maintain vehicle speed and the computer would be happy.

That guy with the high mileage ion is on saturnfans.com.

I think his name is delivery man or something.

I read a post where he said he didn't ever use synthetic oil in the ecotec motor, just regular oil changes at around 7k intervals.

I believe he said he delivered milk or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back