Brakes pulsing 02 Montero

My 02 Montero has a pulsing brake pedal that reminds me of what many people call warped rotors or runout is out of spec. Just did the brakes all the way around within about 6 months and they were smooth initially. Have not driven it very much as I was waiting for cooler weather to fix them. When I rotated the rotors on front passenger side it appeared to be rubbing on the caliper bracket but did not see much witness marks probably just from me spinning them. Taking rotors to see if runout is high. Any thoughts if rotors check out fine what to look for next?

Rotors and hanging pads/calipers, dirty hubs...

Measure runout on vehicle.

What pads/rotors did you use? All was bled, right?

Rotors and hanging pads/calipers, dirty hubs...

Measure runout on vehicle.

What pads/rotors did you use? All was bled, right?
Took front rotors to local machine shop. They did say they were a little out. I lost one of the pad clips so now I have to buy a whole set. Keep better track of these in future. Plenty left to turn. OE rotors with 210,000 miles on them. Calipers were replaced by used ones and move freely. Caliper pins looked a little rough as they were new when I put the pads on. Don't have a good way to measure vehicle runout. Used Wagner Thermoquiet pads and rotors are still original. All was bled and brake fluid was changed out. Not driven much since brakes were acting up.

It was my front rotors that needed to be turned and trued up. Works great now for around $70. $50 to turn perfectly good rotors and $20 for new pad clips. Way cheaper than the $1,500 local shop wanted to replace everything including calipers, rotors and pads that were barely used.

It was my front rotors that needed to be turned and trued up. Works great now for around $70. $50 to turn perfectly good rotors and $20 for new pad clips. Way cheaper than the $1,500 local shop wanted to replace everything including calipers, rotors and pads that were barely used.
$20 for pad clips??? Half the time the guy I have do my brakes leaves the old clips on. Mine are a pita. Usually get thrown out with the old pads

I was gonna say some ceramic pads need re-bedded occasionally or they start to build up deposits on the rotor that feels slightly warped.

But then I noticed that this thread is centuries old

I was gonna say some ceramic pads need re-bedded occasionally or they start to build up deposits on the rotor that feels slightly warped.

But then I noticed that this thread is centuries old
My brakes pulsate in my truck. They said it was my cupped tires. Well the new tires made it better, but I still get intermittent pulsing

Wonder if I need to just get new ones or if I can still cut them. They must not be any good if that's the case
New ones are cheap too. I haven't found anyone who turns rotors near me yet, so I buy new ones

I like slotted powerstop rotors

New ones are cheap too. I haven't found anyone who turns rotors near me yet, so I buy new ones

I like slotted powerstop rotors
About $85/ each. I think changing the rotors and pads everytime will avoid problems like this. Then they'll actually come off easily instead of trying to finagle them off after fifteen years 🙄

Back