Bragging on Lucas atf additive

That's the first time I've seen the SDS of Lubegard. Interesting that it contains ethylbenzene. It's somewhat toxic and commonly found in cigarette smoke. I wonder why that's in there.
From the LubeGard SDS listed above:

Ingredient item #3 is Ethylbenzene, a cleaner solvent and used here in a very small amount.

Ingredient item #2 is an Ashless multifunctional chemistry which acts as Antioxidant, Antiwear/Antiscuff, Corrosion Inhibitor, and Metal Deactivator agents.

Last edited:
I didn’t expect the level of argument over this. That being said I have a busy life the truck isn’t a daily driver I depend on for 1,000s of miles a year. It’s an olde beater when I need it, it’s there. The truck is worth probably $1500 at most so a new transmission would be a major waste of money. When the transmission goes south or gets worse if I still have use for the truck I’ll put a used transmission in it and keep it rolling. But we are getting into that part of the year where holidays, family time and kids school stuff is in full swing on top of my own things I’ve got going on. I don’t really want to allocate time to fix it right now. I could make the time if I wanted to I’m sure but I’d rather not.
Lucas did work well in this case for me. I don’t know the exact reason it worked, might be the viscosity I don’t really care why I’m just kind of happy and surprised it did work. I also used theirs power steering fix in an f150 when I was 17years old. Young dumb and broke. That truck was a total pile of crap but I had tons of fun it in. Lucas helped it quite leaking as bad as it did. So I’ve had good experience with their products. I also realize it doesn’t really fix a problem I also realize the cars I’ve used it in weren’t worth much to begin with and probably weren’t worth fixing properly.
Also to be fair here, western medicine is all about masking symptoms with a pill instead of fixing the actual issue. I take Prilosec as an example to help with acid reflux. The pill doesn’t fix anything it just helps mask the issue. So sometimes masking the symptoms isn’t all bad. If you have seen the surgery to fix acid reflux you’d probably just take the pill to. 😂😂 sometimes masking is better than fixing the issue. Not always not even usually but sometimes. A little off topic but food for thought nonetheless.

I am quite familiar with the e4od tranny. If you want one to last a very long time you need to add an external oil cooler.

I didn’t expect the level of argument over this.
LOL! BITOG "discussions" often show an impressive level of detail, knowledge and experience. It took some practice before I could filter the attitude out of the good information in some posts -- this thread is pretty mild but at 4k posts you have been around a while.
FWIW, the Aisin A340E in my 2006 Tacoma is running strong at 172k miles. It doesn't see much abuse, a pretty easy life really. I changed the filter/pan gasket at 120k and do a drain & fill every 30k with the proper Toyota/Aisin T4 fluid. I plan to use Lubegard when it eventually starts to slip, I have heard great things about Lubegard AT additive. Generally not a fan of Lucas products although I used their UCL fuel treatment for years.

I'd try a Lucas product, but their marketing tomfoolery has convinced me not to ever touch it.

Funny how that works.

Back