Brad Penn Racing Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not used it but I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Originally Posted By: badawg350
OVERRATED

Back up your statment!
Brad Penn 'the original Green Kendall formula' has earned a LOT of respect from engine builders.

I have a neighbor who was using Mobil 1 in his 1997 Porsche 911 and he went too this Brad Penn oil and he likes it, PM me if you want me too go over and talk with him about this oil.

Here is an update my car flew on opening night. the rearend was so much cooler after every race with the Gold Guard in it than it ever has before I could actually touch the housing and feel the diffrence Amazing Stuff. And as far as the 20W50 it really did feel like it made more power in the engine maybe it was a combination of the two all I know was that it flew.We had a playday last week at the track and I had the last of my Brad Penn in the engine I figured I would use it for break in then go to the Convoy on opening night I wanted to see if it would actually make a diffrence and it did the engine ran smoother and produced more power it even ran a bit cooler.others may say they have "liquid ball bearings" But I think I actually have them!

Last edited:
Here's an update I got tired of playing in the dirt so I traded my super stock as a roller for a 77 corvette pro street/drag car turnkey so I still have the engine out of my super.I pulled the pan and it still is like brandnew inside I only changed the oil once since starting to race this year so that's 10 shows on it no sign of wear what so ever I turned it 7500-7800 rpms every race I belive it is because of the Conklin oil Some guys are on 2 or 3 engines and that's on Brd Penn oil changes every week My engine ran cooler and had more power all year than in previous years I'm Going to put my Super engine In my new car and continue to run it I will update the progress

Local shop carries Brad Penn Racing Oil. Seems to be well liked with many racers/hotrod owners. It is easier to find the Valvoilne though .. better distribution I suppose

Are you in Central Florida then?

There's a new shop in Sanford that has Brad Penn everything more or less- including v-twin oil.

Nice guys to deal with too- SlowBoy is the name of the place.

I posted a VOA just recently on this site for Brad Penn Racing 10w-30. I wasn't impressed with the additive counts but then again I haven't had a lifter or cam problem using it in a high winding SBC. (It's a a solid flat tappet also).

Brad Penn Racing Oil is a quality product. Go to www.bradpennracing.com and read Tom Hemphill's testimonial along with the other testimonials. I personally use the 40 wt. in my Street/Strip 440.

I have used the Brad Penn 20W50 in my bike last year with no issues. It is bordering on a 60 weight. Still have more than half a case left.

It is the pre-motorcycle 20W50

Originally Posted By: HammerDown
Originally Posted By: badawg350
OVERRATED

Back up your statment!
Brad Penn 'the original Green Kendall formula' has earned a LOT of respect from engine builders.

how about this proof
as a person that was running the filler (like putting the oil in the bottle) i can tell you for a fact that at the time i was there the ONLY difference (besides price and label) between the kendall 40wt gt-1 green "racing" oil and the plain old standard kendall 40wt dual action was the addition of green dye which by the was was a real SOB to get out of the injection machine. imho when it comes to oil people are like sheep. unless i had some irrefutable proof of a different formulation i would say the majority of these "boutique" oils are ALL marketing hype.

I have a customer who said he was told NOT to mix any other oil with it.
Any reason why they state this?

He wants to put our AMSOIL 20W50 motorcycle oil in his bike. The Brad Penn oil is only available in two shops that are farther away..
I'm closer and its more convenant for him to come and get the oil changed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back