Brad Penn Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have searched high and low on the forum for any comments, good or bad, for Brad Penn synthetic oil. Not many comments at all. Why no love for this oil? Is it just hard to find? Something wrong with it? Should I avoid it? I was given a partial case of this oil and was planning on trying it in a turbo engine.

Last edited:
I have never seen this oil for sale on any shelf. I live one state away and have never seen it. Any plans on doing a VOA or UOA?

I believe its ok,but PU would be a better deal.....if you dont need all the extra ZDDP.

They are ok oils as far as SN/GF-5 goes. Blended by American Refining Group (Pennsylvania Crude). Should be very similar to Gulf Full Synthetic (also ARG blended).
Brad Penn PennGrade 1 is good stuff.

It's a good oil, but there are so many competitive oils available on sale at local auto parts stores that it's hard to justify going for that stuff.

It appears that 10W-30 and up grades are the partial syn oils, but it doesn't specifically say that the 5W-30 and 0W-30 are full syn. A little ambiguous.

I wasn't planning on doing a UOA only because I have barely enough for an oil change. The bottle claims full synthetic. Just wondering if it was a good oil. Not much info out there on this. I've googled it but very limited info.

You wont find many on this forum using this oil.

With that said,this is an excellent oil.I know alot of folks who use it in their vehicles,both street and at the track.

Unlike their racing oils, their API oils are average. The add pack is typical sodium based like a valvoline, and the VI is in the 160 range. Ok oil for typical service, but not worth a premium. Their racing oils, that's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back