Brad Penn + Formula Shell = Happy LS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up some 10/30 Brad Penn grade 1 cheap at a garage sale and mixed it 50/50 with some Formula Shell 10/30 that was in the stock pile , I was worried about the cat and the high zinc and thats why I went with the mix. My LS1 with 40,000 miles has NEVER has anything but dino run in it before this, and I run it hard!

The motor seems to like it alot (smooth and revs up quick) and the cold start LS1 piston slap has been greatly reduced IMO. I'd like to run the BP 100% but the "catalytic converter warning on the bottle" scared me off. I know its not the best to mix oils but I have to use this stuff up somehow!, should be ok, what do ya think???

If your engine doesn't burn oil, there is little issue with the cat, IMO.

Also, after 100k, you dont have a warranty on the cat anyway, so if it goes bad, it's yours regardless.

Does ohio have emissions or CEL inspections?

How much oil does your LS1 consume? Cat poisoning is only a concern (AFAIK) if your car burns a lot of oil. If it doesn't burn much oil, it doesn't really matter what oil you run.

Motor doesn't burn much oil, maybe 1 quart over 3000 miles. That's about average for this motor. IIRC

No emission testing in these parts but some places they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back