BP Visco 7000 data sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a Full PAO based on the pour point.
smile.gif
Definitely not a group III.

quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
smile.gif

I don't know. More and more, I'm beginning to think that a lot of European oil makers are going the route of Group III/Group V blends. Very low pour points could easily be achieved with 40% Group III and 60% Group V. (In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the German Syntec 0w30 we're all raving about is actually a Group III/Group V blend.)

If you dig around on the BP web site, you'll see that they are a big advocate (and producer) of Group III as "synthetic."

According to BP Greece the 7000 15W50 is a PAO based synthetic oil. In he box's label it is written that this oil is manifactured by mobil.

quote:

Originally posted by yannis:
with the following data sheets mobil 1-bp data sheets

I hate to tell you this, but Mobil and BP are not the same company. The data sheet you've linked here is a Mobil 1 sheet and doesn't say anything on it about BP or BP motor oil. Plus, this is an outdated sheet for Mobil 1; it's dated 1995.

quote:

quote:

with the following data sheets mobil 1-bp data sheets

I hate to tell you this, but Mobil and BP are not the same company. The data sheet you've linked here is a Mobil 1 sheet and doesn't say anything on it about BP or BP motor oil. Plus, this is an outdated sheet for Mobil 1; it's dated 1995.

please, look more carefully ESPECIALLY the 15W50
SPECIFICATIONS

BP 7000 15W50
AND
MOBIL 1 PRODUCT DATA SHEETS

quote:

SPECIFICATIONS

You're assuming that because the typical specs are the same, that the oils are the same. Given that we're dealing with two different (and two HUGE) international oil comapnies, each capable of making their own oils in any viscosity they choose, I serioulsy doubt if the oils ARE the same. BP would have no reason to buy Mobil 1 and rebottle it as BP Visco 7000.

quote:

quote:

SPECIFICATIONS

You're assuming that because the typical specs are the same, that the oils are the same. Given that we're dealing with two different (and two HUGE) international oil comapnies, each capable of making their own oils in any viscosity they choose, I serioulsy doubt if the oils ARE the same. BP would have no reason to buy Mobil 1 and rebottle it as BP Visco 7000.

Well...thats exactly what is going on in Greece(Mobil 1 rebottled as BP Visco 7000)when mobil stopped selling their oils last year.
Maybe this year they started selling them again
using a different formulation with the new specs ,i don't .
I was using the 15W50 mobil 1 but switched to BP
becose they stopped importing it and i am stick with it untill now.

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
smile.gif

I don't know. More and more, I'm beginning to think that a lot of European oil makers are going the route of Group III/Group V blends. Very low pour points could easily be achieved with 40% Group III and 60% Group V. (In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the German Syntec 0w30 we're all raving about is actually a Group III/Group V blend.)

If you dig around on the BP web site, you'll see that they are a big advocate (and producer) of Group III as "synthetic."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back