BP Visco 7000 data sheets

Messages
810
Location
Greece
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man II:
quote:
Originally posted by Al: Probably a Full PAO based on the pour point. [Smile] Definitely not a group III.
I don't know. More and more, I'm beginning to think that a lot of European oil makers are going the route of Group III/Group V blends. Very low pour points could easily be achieved with 40% Group III and 60% Group V. (In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the German Syntec 0w30 we're all raving about is actually a Group III/Group V blend.) If you dig around on the BP web site, you'll see that they are a big advocate (and producer) of Group III as "synthetic."

According to BP Greece the 7000 15W50 is a PAO based synthetic oil. In he box's label it is written that this oil is manifactured by mobil.
 

G-MAN

Thread starter
Messages
8,937
Location
SC
quote:
Originally posted by yannis: with the following data sheets mobil 1-bp data sheets
I hate to tell you this, but Mobil and BP are not the same company. The data sheet you've linked here is a Mobil 1 sheet and doesn't say anything on it about BP or BP motor oil. Plus, this is an outdated sheet for Mobil 1; it's dated 1995.
 
Messages
810
Location
Greece
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man II:
quote:
Originally posted by yannis: with the following data sheets mobil 1-bp data sheets
I hate to tell you this, but Mobil and BP are not the same company. The data sheet you've linked here is a Mobil 1 sheet and doesn't say anything on it about BP or BP motor oil. Plus, this is an outdated sheet for Mobil 1; it's dated 1995.

please, look more carefully ESPECIALLY the 15W50 SPECIFICATIONS BP 7000 15W50 AND MOBIL 1 PRODUCT DATA SHEETS
 

G-MAN

Thread starter
Messages
8,937
Location
SC
quote:
Originally posted by yannis: please, look more carefully ESPECIALLY the 15W50 SPECIFICATIONS
You're assuming that because the typical specs are the same, that the oils are the same. Given that we're dealing with two different (and two HUGE) international oil comapnies, each capable of making their own oils in any viscosity they choose, I serioulsy doubt if the oils ARE the same. BP would have no reason to buy Mobil 1 and rebottle it as BP Visco 7000.
 
Messages
810
Location
Greece
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man II:
quote:
Originally posted by yannis: please, look more carefully ESPECIALLY the 15W50 SPECIFICATIONS
You're assuming that because the typical specs are the same, that the oils are the same. Given that we're dealing with two different (and two HUGE) international oil comapnies, each capable of making their own oils in any viscosity they choose, I serioulsy doubt if the oils ARE the same. BP would have no reason to buy Mobil 1 and rebottle it as BP Visco 7000.

Well...thats exactly what is going on in Greece(Mobil 1 rebottled as BP Visco 7000)when mobil stopped selling their oils last year. Maybe this year they started selling them again using a different formulation with the new specs ,i don't . I was using the 15W50 mobil 1 but switched to BP becose they stopped importing it and i am stick with it untill now.
 

G-MAN

Thread starter
Messages
8,937
Location
SC
quote:
Originally posted by Al: Probably a Full PAO based on the pour point. [Smile] Definitely not a group III.
I don't know. More and more, I'm beginning to think that a lot of European oil makers are going the route of Group III/Group V blends. Very low pour points could easily be achieved with 40% Group III and 60% Group V. (In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the German Syntec 0w30 we're all raving about is actually a Group III/Group V blend.) If you dig around on the BP web site, you'll see that they are a big advocate (and producer) of Group III as "synthetic."
 
Top