Box scrape blade

What is a good brand ? 3 point hitch for 45hp massy ferguson 240 tractor.

I want it with the scarifier teeth/shanks. I'm thinking a 4ft so i can offset where the scarifiers dig in with different passes to rip up the potholes in the drive.

Thinking about this one. But it may be a bit light, says rated for up to 45hp.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a "classic" MF35 that pulls a 5" blade quite easily. I think it would get frustrating trying to work a smaller blade with a 40+ HP tractor. Most 5' blades I've seen also have 5 scarifiers (the one pictured has 4) and I know mine works very well on our 1/4 mile road paved with a hard mix of clay and crushed shell.

Last year I purchased a 5" land plane to do my maintenance work, also equipped with 5 scarifiers. The box blade is more versatile because you can move material with it, but it also requires more time and skill to use. If you aren't trying to repair really deep holes in your road, it might be worth reading up on land planes - you just drop it and pull, it's really that easy. I can adjust the hitch level and maintain a slight crown to the road just as well. I doubt I'll ever use my box blade again except to maybe spread material if I need to buy a load of fill.

I'm not sure how much use your tractor gets, but mine doesn't earn a living at its age and only sees mowing and grading use about 4-5 times a year, probably a total of 15-16 hours. For that reason I bought the cheapest brand implements I could find locally (here it's J-Bar) and they have served me well for what I do.

The drive gets a lot of use, so fixing deep pot holes is on the list as well as moving gravel. Drive is over 1/4 mile.

Thanks for the wider recommendation!

Land Pride and MK Martin are two brands in that not so large segment. Just tossing out names. Have you contacted Messicks?

Land Pride and MK Martin are two brands in that not so large segment. Just tossing out names. Have you contacted Messicks?
Thanks , i looked at their site today.

I actually am considering a grading scraper vs a box scrape.

modelpicture.ashx

I always used a 5 ft York rake on my stone driveway in VT, worked great. Winter plowing always tore the driveway up pretty good.

Everything Attachments is a good bang for your buck if you don’t need it right away. Some stuff theyre 2-3 months out.

45 hp might be too much for that box blade. I run this on my L2501. 900 lbs. good for ballast too. Dad bought it for his 43hp tractor. AFAIK, the model in this photo is discontinued. EA makes something similar though.

3F2B1ACB-8585-4C9C-A583-C9725DFEF5FA.jpeg

Back