Bourbon????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elijah Craig I think is the best buy which is what you asked for. Now if price does not matter I agree with the Pappy.

I forgot about it being the best buy. In that case Evan Williams all day. That's a bourbon with a good price/performance ratio.

Right now I've got a bottle of 1792. It sucks.

I've tried 1792...not a fan at all. Black label Evan Williams is drinkable for sure. 1/2 gallons are reasonably priced at our local liquor stand.

Originally Posted By: jaj
Woodford Reserve. Other than that, I'll take a good Scotch or Rye.

Nothing wrong with Maker's Mark, but Woodford Reserve is the bourbon of the gods. I cut down my 12-or-more-year-old-single-malt scotch drinking by 80% since I discovered it.

I like highland scotch or even irish whisky more than bourbon. Its too much wood for me I guess. It is however the native spirit of the U.S. so I give it respect for that.

When I taste makers mark I want to like it because I've seen so many shows on tv about their quaility ect. but I just dont like it. To me the winter wheat that gives it its signiture taste ruins it for me. It almost reminds me of a slight cantalope flavor when I taste it. The vanilla flavors and char of the oak barels just blend with that wheat flavor the wrong way IMO.

Crown Royal is another good one,it is not cheap and a bottle of this cost starting at $25.00 and up.The highest price of Crown Royal I seen was $85.00 and it was the biggest bottle of their select.My parent were somewhere in Tennnesse for thier 30th wedding anniversary last year and my father priced abottle of Crown Royal down there,$91.00 a bottleI like Jim Beam and I mix it with Coke,tastes good when mixed right.

Expensive isn't necessarily good. I'm sure the Canadians make some excellent whisky. They must keep the good stuff for themselves though, as I don't think they have ever exported any to the U.S.

Its good just has a different flavor. Most people who like canadian whisky like it for its smoother lighter flavor. I believe that candian whisky is mostly if not all rye and is aged for a year in used oak barrels. I think thats what makes something a canadian whisky, dont think it even has to be made in canada but im not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back