Bourbon/Scotch/Whiskey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody here into it? I like the smokey earthy flavors but it gives me a huge headache the next day. Regardless, I am thinking about picking up a bottle of Wild Turkey for the holidays.

http://www.laphroaig.com/

The final word in earthy, peaty and smokey flavor, nothing else comes close.
smile.gif

Yep, Irish Bushmills is very nice too but nothing comes close to taste of heaven, that is Laphroaig.

i am a maker's mark ambassador too! you're right, very smooth. i had another nice bourbon recently as well...elijah craig, small batch, 94 proof, tasty. be careful! penz
blush.gif

I just cant take the smokyness of Scotch. Bushmills Irish is my favorite from that side of the Atlantic.

Jim Beam is my favorite classic Bourbon and Crown Royal blended Canadian is like butter in a glass.

Except for a rare Manhattan or Irish coffee, I drink whiskey (or whisky) on ice, letting it melt and sip slowly.

Gentleman Jack for sipping, as well as George Dickel. Knob Creek for something stout, and Rebel Yell for just plain gettin' nuts. Dewars on the rocks with a twist of lime for a scotch, and Ketel One from the freezer- kind of viscouous...
Then there is the Sammy Hagar Waborita... This is why I gave up the stuff a year and a half ago... liked it too much!

I like George Dickel No 12 for Tennessee Whiskey. I like 12-year Elijah Craig for Kentucky bourbon. Woodfords Reserve is also very good. Don’t care for Makers Mark though. I prefer the Catholic Irish Whiskey (Jamison’s) to the Protestant Irish Whiskey (Bushmill’s). I almost got kicked out a bar once for ordering a shot of Black Bush (a very good drink and a good double entendre): the bar owner was Catholic. The peat smoke in Scotch gives me a massive headache every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back