Bought some hpl 5w40

Agree....to a point. While you are factually correct that we live in a Era where the oils you listed are very good and can be had at a great price point, and are plentiful, the op chose another option. A boutique, non shelf available one at that, and exclusiveness, if you will, costs.

M1 is a great oil. A great option that would have worked great in ops car. I'd dare to say that HPL uses a superior base stock, no nonsense answers on this forum, and a pretty much open door policy(they had a bitog open house) coupled with nothing but stellar reviews and usage by respected members on this forum(some are engineers, tribologists)......
.I don't question the ops choice to go with it. Just don't like the "I bought a jersey, now I'm part of the team" attitude by some members.

I believe that member reviews(as I said, engineers, tribologists....they do lack a sense of humor) open door, superior base stocks, trump anything on the shelf.

All that coupled with Made in USA, employs Muricans is worth the price of admission.

Hpl going in the s4 and mini s after the winter. Cause sometimes PRINCIPLE > PRICE
Please provide some examples of this behavior. I don't see it.

Each sticker adds +10 hp. Each shirt, +25 hp. Shirt and sticker while wearing a backwards hat and cheap shades and vaping, +100 hp. Actually using the product... infinite hp!

Everyone likes stickers and shirts to be a fanboi!

s-l500.jpg

Stickers !!

Agree....to a point. While you are factually correct that we live in a Era where the oils you listed are very good and can be had at a great price point, and are plentiful, the op chose another option. A boutique, non shelf available one at that, and exclusiveness, if you will, costs.
Well, I still run 15w40 in everything else. Its just that I think this HPL 5w40 will do well in this very futuristic jetta. Im bummed the oil box didn't come with a shirt lol

Back