bought G oil tonite

Status
Not open for further replies.
it smells a little different than reg oil and is more slippery than a car dealer so i am going to use it in pontiac g5 and hopefully engine doesnt fall apart. I did not buy it for enviroment i bought cuz of 13$ rebate haha and i wish it was energy conserving but it isnt for some reason. If anyone knows why it is not EC let me know. SM oil is rugged so i hope they know what they are doing.

I think you will (or your car rather) will like it. I am kind of surprised it hasn't gotten the attention Redline has gotten, is it because it is cheaper?? I don't know, but I do hope it works out to be a good lube. If it does, I will surely not hesitate to make it my brand.

it is 5-30 full syn and yet not energy conserving for some reason but from what i hear it will not be a huge diff in mpg

I was in Wally World today and quickly went through the oil aisle. Is G Oil the one that states "reduces dependance on foreign oil" on the front? I think it was around $26 for a jug..not sure if it was 4 or 5 qts.

Originally Posted By: chet2
it is 5-30 full syn and yet not energy conserving for some reason.

Probably because it has around a 3.5 HTHS or over. Just because it's a syn doesn't mean it's energy conserving.

Originally Posted By: chet2
it is 5-30 full syn and yet not energy conserving for some reason but from what i hear it will not be a huge diff in mpg

Yeah it probably won't matter. In fact according to the API, EC/RC rated oils are tested against a "stock" test oil to get their energy conserving rating.

The API goes on to state that while EC/ER oils will show benefit in fleet averages individual users will not notice much and many will not notice any difference at all in fuel economy gains using an EC/ER oil.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
I was in Wally World today and quickly went through the oil aisle. Is G Oil the one that states "reduces dependance on foreign oil" on the front? I think it was around $26 for a jug..not sure if it was 4 or 5 qts.

Yep, that's the one. It's 5qts. I'm going to use this oil for the next OCI on the Corolla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back