Bought a new(to me) chainsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Sunday I went to pick up an 036 I found on Craigslist for a decent price. When I got there the guy had a shop full of saws he'd repaired and was reselling. I ended up with an MS362 that looked nearly new. I still prefer the look of the classic 0-series Stihl saws but they're all getting older and the deal was right on this newer saw.

The newer saws just don't put out enough bar oil to keep the bar from getting hot. Why the gov didn't make manufactures formulate a decent soy base oil is well, like the goverment. I have a pair that should last me till I don't want to cut no more. I could rebuild the pair of Husky 62s

I hope it oils well enough. I had that issue with a Husqvarna 350. Adjusted all the way up it just wouldn't put out enough oil to keep from smoking a bar and chain.

But if it doesn't I'll try to resell and go back to overworking my reliable old 029 Super.

I wouldn't say every saw... my new ECHO will make a mess if turned up. On our 034 the oil tends to sling off more regardless. I have no issues on the ECHO and haven't noticed any unusual/accelerated wear.

Seems older saws just threw around more oil, than newer designs... which, I don't think translates into heat or wear if the oil is on the ground and not chain.

Originally Posted By: bioburner
The newer saws just don't put out enough bar oil to keep the bar from getting hot. Why the gov didn't make manufactures formulate a decent soy base oil is well, like the goverment. I have a pair that should last me till I don't want to cut no more. I could rebuild the pair of Husky 62s

I did not know that. My Husky 346xp sure makes a mess with the oiler turned up to max. But it is 3 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back