Bought a new (to me) car this weekend!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
92 Corolla with 101k miles from the original owner!!!

The last car I had like this was my 86 Nova. It consumed oil like crazy (sometimes I put gear oil in the engine...others in traffic hated me, but I was enjoying the $ I was saving!), but never let me down. I'm planning on this being a similar experience.

It has had all maintenance done on it, and it runs like a top!

The factory a/c still works, as does the factory cruise control. It also has the slick-shifting 5 speed manual transmission that my Nova had.

Under the hood, it looks as clean as you'd expect from a car with such low mileage.

The interior is still very nice, but the only downside of the car is the rust
frown.gif
It doesn't have any holes, btu I really want to get it fixed by myself at a local shop here in Calgary called "U wrench" where you bring in your parts, and supplies, and do the work you need to do. They charge you for renting the spot, and can lend assistance where you might need it (instruction, etc).

Do you guys know of any sites where they would give me info on how to repair the rust? I know the car is worth the time, as I sometimes wished I had tackled the rust on my Nova when I bought it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Good luck with rust on an old Toyota. I had a 1991 Corolla SR-5 that I constantly touched up the surface rust on to prevent holes. Looked pretty good looking at it, and sold it to a buddy as not having any rust problems. Six months later, he started having problems b/c the front of the back wheel well, near the spring mount, etc., started to rust through. He spent a year 'fighting' to get it under control, and eventually had to take the car off the raod b/c it rusted throught too badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back