Bought a dump trailer - 2023 Lamar

Have been looking for dump trailers for a couple months and finally pulled the trigger on one. Went early Saturday morning to Dalton, OH from WNY area. Picked up a new 2023 Lamar 5'x10' mini dump. Dual 3.5k axles, 24" sides -- pretty well equipped model. Spreader gate, tarp kit with tarp, nice Interstate deep cycle, 5amp 110v maintainer. Really nice trailer. Nice welds, love the paint color.

2023 Lamar

Tahoe pulled it great, used a B&W adjustable 10k hitch and a Tekonsha Prodigy P2 brake controller. Trailer towed great too, felt good.

The cammed 6.0 had plenty of power on grades, the 4L60 stayed pretty cool maybe hitting 165-170 at most (with the factory cooler). Shifts under tow haul mode were confident and quick. Of course, this is unloaded... which any truck should do fine with. But when it's the first haul with any rig -- you just never know. Should do fine even with a load and using your brain.

Got 16.3 MPG on the way down and 14.2 MPG towing it back. Not bad for a rolling brick. Now time to get this property cleaned up and some landscaping done.

IMG_1987.jpeg

That thing will be handy. I have toyed with picking one up, but not sure I would use it enough.
I feel the same way; seemed like a good idea at the time. Only used it about three times to save money on delivery of a sofa and refrigerator 200-miles away. Local stuff, just a few bags of fertilizer and potassium. 🙄
IMG_0242.jpeg

Last edited:
I feel the same way; seemed like a good idea at the time. Only used it about three times to save money on delivery of a sofa and refrigerator 200-miles away. Local stuff, just a few bags of fertilizer and potassium. 🙄
View attachment 157215
Dude I love the SS hooked up to that. I want to get a hitch on the Caprice. I had a flatbed. I used a few times, my friends used it more so I sold it.

Very nice.

I would love to have one of those for the one time a year that I'd actually use it :D

Fortunately, there is a Home Depot on my way home from work that rents them.

Dude I love the SS hooked up to that. I want to get a hitch on the Caprice. I had a flatbed. I used a few times, my friends used it more so I sold it.
Yeah, it turned out nicely with the factory tow bar. It doesn’t hang down and look ghetto. While I don’t use it often, it’s definitely a keeper.
IMG_0801.jpeg

LSM,

If you ever need an enclosed trailer for a project of most any size just let me know. I have three just sitting and would love to have them get used every so often.....

Cars towing trailers are always awesome. Love the SS with a trailer on it.

I used to have neighbors with I had access to that type albeit an MDX could tow and down to smaller. The dump type are amazing !!!!!

They all moved :(

Now I find it most cost effective to rent 6x8 from tractor supply which is approximately $15-30 dependent on full or half day.

That’s a nice dump trailer. How has it been treating you? I imagine that is 2 yards of dirt capacity. I just finished reviving a 10x6 - 2 axle utility trailer and will be hauling about 3 yards of moist garden dirt in the early fall, and possibly buying a sub compact tractor. Yanmar is attractive.

Back