Bought a cheap 9mm pistol

Bought a BRG9 Elite. $190 on sale at Vance Outdoors. It'll be awhile before I shoot it. I no longer go to indoor ranges because I've always seen a dummy mishandling a firearm in one. I'm in my new home on 3 acres and will build a backstop when spring comes.
The firearm comes with a cleaning kit, 2-16 round magazines, 2 addtional different sized backstraps and a magazine loader.

brg9elite.JPG

How is the reliability? Lower cost pistols are really nice . Are spare mags available?

Consider reloading.
Your marksmanship will improve faster....guaranteed!

Somehow they seem like opposites, buying a cheap new pistol then spending the money from scratch to start reloading. Good idea but wait a year and see how much shooting you actually do? And then there's actually finding primers apparently..

Primers are hard to find. But keep your brass, maybe you can sell, trade, or just make someone’s day. Assuming its not aluminum case and/or Berdan primer. At least ammo appears to be back, might as well start buying now.

Never heard of this brand. Comes with integrated cleaning kit? Interesting.

I was tempted recently by an SCCY but realized that I’d hate shooting a micro 9.

I'm all for finding inexpensive or less expensive things that work well. Hopefully it turns out to be a decent shooter and range toy.

Is it a clone of the Springfield Armory XD? It sure appears to be.

Is it actually made in the USA or just imported by an American company?

I'm all for finding inexpensive or less expensive things that work well. Hopefully it turns out to be a decent shooter and range toy.

Is it a clone of the Springfield Armory XD? It sure appears to be.

Is it actually made in the USA or just imported by an American company?
Made in Turkey

Turkey makes some fine guns. That alone wouldn't worry me. But I would want to know more about this one before i plunk down even $250.

All the reviews and YouTube videos I’ve seen are very positive. I just ordered one. (y) Edit: I told a friend about the deal at Vance and he bought one also.

Last edited:
Looks like an XD clone. Turkey makes some good guns. Lots of good stuff coming out of Turkey (and some junk, too, so buyer beware as always). Congrats! The best handguns I saw coming out of Turkey were the CZ clones made by EAA and the SARB6P. I snapped up several when they were around $200 five, or so years ago. Excellent pistols and value, basically polymer framed CZ75B, with chrome barrel and steel guide rod.

I carry and rely on high end boomers but I have a lot of low end stuff too, usually got for a song. Having inexpensive guns around to train on, understand different manuals of arms, teach others, or even loaners is a valid reason to have them.

Neato. Prices are dropping, and thats a good thing.

I've got a couple Taurs G guns, and they've given me no problems, so yes...it is possible to find inexpensive, reliable pistols. The issue seems to be more with quality control, so if u have a good one, enjoy.

Just give it the old 25 cent Polish job on the internals, And put some Range time on it. It looks like an HS 2000 or the pre Springfield Armory. Not too bad looking either especially for the price paid.

skyactiv, thanks very much for headsup on the brg9! it gets positive utube and written reviews. a reddit poster says these springfield xdm mod2 mags will fit the brg9, utuber graham baates likes the brg9 but says no to these mags. i am sorely tempted…

Bought a BRG9 Elite. $190 on sale at Vance Outdoors. It'll be awhile before I shoot it. I no longer go to indoor ranges because I've always seen a dummy mishandling a firearm in one. I'm in my new home on 3 acres and will build a backstop when spring comes.
The firearm comes with a cleaning kit, 2-16 round magazines, 2 addtional different sized backstraps and a magazine loader.

View attachment 136842
Nice. Even came with all the accessories too?

Back