Bottom grill hitting radiator fan

Hello,

I've got a 2008 Saturn Astra. The bottom grill is getting pushed back (from the wind, I would assume) and is hitting the front radiator fan. How do I keep it from getting pushed back? Is there any way to screw it into something?

I've attached a generic Astra photo.

Thanks.
[Linked Image from cars.usnews.com]

[Linked Image]

Lower grill is shown in this parts explosion drawing. Most likely lower tabs of grill may be broken. Only choice may be to replace the grill. Another lower cost options would be to pull lower edge of grill forward and use 3 or 4 pop rivets to hold the grill in place.

Last edited:
I would not try to glue it. The bumper skin is made from urethane that is made to be flexible....and most adhesives that have any strength need to be hard and less flexible. If you dont have access to pop rivet gun, then you could use some small screws but access to the bottom of the bumper might be an issue to putting nuts on them. I would also caution against using a sheet metal type screw as that can cause an eventual tear in the bumper skin.

I have the attached pop rivet gun from Harbor Freight, and it works great for most applications. The head also swivels allowing it to be used in tight spaces.

https://www.harborfreight.com/swivel-head-hand-riveter-63396.html

Back