Bosch "Shop Filters"

Do you know if Bosch "Shop Filters" are good?
They're in the economy filter section and priced lower than another Bosch oil filter at about $2.49 each, plus shipping on Rockauto dot com.

And why do they call them shop filters?

I'm guessing that "shop filters" are very generic-looking, just painted simple or plain with minimal markings. Many filter manufacturers have their own versions of these. They might consolidate applications into fewer units too, such as eliminating (using Fram numbers) 7317 filters with 6607 - the 6607 will fit anywhere a 7317 fits and the slightly smaller size is a non-factor when it comes to capacity.

By the time you pay shipping, why not just use a Supertech, Fram PH, etc ?

I'm guessing that "shop filters" are very generic-looking, just painted simple or plain with minimal markings. Many filter manufacturers have their own versions of these. They might consolidate applications into fewer units too, such as eliminating (using Fram numbers) 7317 filters with 6607 - the 6607 will fit anywhere a 7317 fits and the slightly smaller size is a non-factor when it comes to capacity.

By the time you pay shipping, why not just use a Supertech, Fram PH, etc ?
True. I can get a Federated PG4476F nearby for about $2.25 each and they look a lot like many filters sold at rockauto and probably are very close to the same oil filter.

Yeah if you can get the Federated Auto parts filters for that price... Do it... Their filters are made by Premium Guard. Good filters in terms of construction and efficiency.

Also... If You have a vehicle that will fit a group 24f battery Federated Auto parts sells a group 24f battery made by East Penn for around $117 with a 3 yr replacement warranty.

Bosch WS (Work Shop) filters are jobber level filters. Frankly excepting the discontinued distance plus, I would not use a Bosch filter in most cases.

EG is like 3.88 at Wally, OE Toyota filters can be had from online dealers for about 4 bucks in bulk last time I looked.

From RA's offering for inexpensive my choice would be the Delco @ 2.80.

Back