Bosch Premium Oil Filter 3323 for Honda

Good morning,

I have 2003 Honda CRV, been doing my oil changes with Honda A-01 (filtech) filters until they discontinued them. I tried Bosch 3323 filters and the engine make noises at start up in the mornings or when the car has been sitting for awhile. The noise appears only for a second and the oil light doesn't come one. Never had this issue with the Honda filters. Does this have to do with filter design where it's not releasing enough oil when the engine starts? I Switched to Wix filter, no noise at start up either.

I been using Denso filters for the last few years and they seem to work fine for yearly oil changes on my CRV.
My stash is almost gone and will probably used the mention Wix or the Fram filter.

As @B1974 suggested, you likely got one with a defective ADBV. I have never experienced problems in my Odyssey with Bosch or any other brands; AcDelco, Purolator (One, Boss, and Classic), Wix/NAPA, M1, Fram (PH, TG, and XG), STP, and Carquest all worked well.

Correction: I had a minor seal leak problem with the Puro One. I corrected this by using a filter wrench to turn it a little tighter than hand tight. I don't like doing this for fear of denting the can but it is better than a leak.

Last edited:
Bosch or any other brands; AcDelco, Purolator (One, Boss, and Classic), Wix/NAPA, M1, Fram (PH, TG, and XG), STP, and Carquest all worked well.
The only one I've ever had a problem with was a Champ Luber-Finer PH500. It's a very cheap filter.

Good morning,

I have 2003 Honda CRV, been doing my oil changes with Honda A-01 (filtech) filters until they discontinued them. I tried Bosch 3323 filters and the engine make noises at start up in the mornings or when the car has been sitting for awhile. The noise appears only for a second and the oil light doesn't come one. Never had this issue with the Honda filters. Does this have to do with filter design where it's not releasing enough oil when the engine starts? I Switched to Wix filter, no noise at start up either.
The 3323 has a raised mount meaning there is lees of a dip from the seal to the threads. Every other filter I have seen for that application has more room. Did it install without contacting a "nut" on the threaded stem on your filter housing?

That Wix 57356 has more room, I wonder if that had anything to do with it. Did you have a leak by chance?

Never had an issue using Bosch however they’re not my go to choice. Super tech, Napa, wix, ac delco or Mobil 1 would be my choice if oe weren’t available.

Back