Bosch D+ 3324, 5908 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Bosch D+ 3324 from my mom's 2007 Saturn Vue. Oil was Valvoline Syn-Power 5w-30.
5908 miles on oil/ filter, 141,800 miles on vehicle.

I changed it a little early since she was about to go on a trip and put ~1500 miles in a month on it.
Her OLM usually comes on around 6500 miles.

Filter seems to suffer from the "twisting" that many filters do in the Ecotec engine.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Media looks good, looks like some carbon. Looks about the same as previous one though.
[Linked Image]

I got this filter on the clearance deal from Walmart a while back, so for a $5 filter, not bad, and I am sure I could have gone longer with it.
I just could not make myself leave it in another interval.

I put on a Ecogard S5436 "synthetic" filter and some more Valvoline Syn-Power 5w-30
[Linked Image]

I bought several of these, D+ 3332 on sale at WM as well. I've been running them for 2 oci's in my Chevy 5.3. Maybe I should rethink this strategy, or is it just an issue with the ecotec engines?

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Looks pretty good. Seems like anything but a Hengst in that application does that, just a hair too long.

It has been hit and miss, I had one NAPA Pro Select that looked great when taken out, another was twisted.

Originally Posted by gman2304
... or is it just an issue with the ecotec engines?

Yeah, the 2.2/2.4 ecotec seems to be the big offender.

Originally Posted by WellOiled
Blupupher - How do you get the extra verbage between the photos?

Nice C&P.

Thanks

I initially post the pics in the test forum (this is my running thread now), then copy the links into this thread so I can type whatever I want where ever I want.
Since the new forum update the pic posting has been a pain.

Originally Posted by WellOiled
Blupupher - How do you get the extra verbage between the photos?

Nice C&P.

Thanks

I initially post the pics in the test forum (this is my running thread now), then copy the links into this thread so I can type whatever I want where ever I want.
Since the new forum update the pic posting has been a pain.

Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
Nice pictures.

Filter not that pretty, but did the job so what's not to like...

Thank you for posting.

Last edited:
Mann, Hengst, and Purflux are the best cartridges to use on an Ecotec.

In fact, the Hengst is the OE supplier. Purflux was the OE supplier at one time.

The Purflux L264A has those intentionally-wavy pleats that hold up well in Ecotec usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back