Bosch $3.00 platinum VS NGK $1.88 V-power

Status
Not open for further replies.
well It was tiem to change my plugs so i bought NGK V-power PLugs for 1.88 each. man the difference is noticable.. my car starst better, my engine is smoother and and i can feel the difference. I will never buy Expensive bosch platinums again.. what a rip off!!!!

Were plats the specified plug for your vehicle? If not I don't think you can say they were no good.Apples with apples....

My experience with Bosch was bad. Regular Bosch in my Sentra fouled out in 1,000 miles. The regular NGK plugs work great. I could feel the difference like you said. I also have NGK plugs in my Saturn with similar results.

I had the same experience with my 1995 Tacoma, with the 2.4L engine. The copper V-Power plugs are just an excellent product....

TS

I've used the Bosch Platinum plugs in two GM V6's, a 2.8 and a 3.1 and I never seemed to have any trouble with them. Don't know why other people have problems, maybe Bosch cheapened the plug design? but yeah, I've heard nothing but good stories about the NGK Vpower plugs, that's what's going into my 88 Celica in a few days.

Bosch and NGK coppers run identical in the BMW. I have used Bosch single plats (and never paid more than $2 each) in Ford and GM V-6 and V-8 engines with never a single problem. The Autolite plats I tried in the 4.3 were junk.

so you replaced old plugs with new ones and the new ones worked better.....is there a point hiding in there somewhere you may have overlooked?

One time I changed a flat tire and the car handled a lot better afterwards....

quote:

Originally posted by TooSlick:
I had the same experience with my 1995 Tacoma, with the 2.4L engine. The copper V-Power plugs are just an excellent product....

TS

I had a 79 Corolla for 10 yrs. and still have a 87 Mitsu pickup. I learned that nothing works like the correct NGK. Other cross referenced plugs just don't work so well.
dunno.gif

I'm sure Nippondenso would also work as well, but not readily available here.

Nothing seems to work in my GM stuff as well as the regular AC-Delco platinums.

You can improve on a lot of things, but the oem recommended spark plugs don't seem to be one of them.

quote:

Originally posted by 55:
I've used the Bosch Platinum plugs in two GM V6's, a 2.8 and a 3.1 and I never seemed to have any trouble with them. Don't know why other people have problems, maybe Bosch cheapened the plug design? but yeah, I've heard nothing but good stories about the NGK Vpower plugs, that's what's going into my 88 Celica in a few days.

GM engines work with the platinums, but some Japanese engines seem to have a distinct preference for the NGK or Denso copper. I'm not sure why.
dunno.gif

have been using Bosch Plat's since 1984 and have never had a problem with them. Regular tipped, +2's and +4's. Never noticed much difference with the +4's but did with +2's over regular tipped which were better than anything prior to them. Use +2's only now and their maybe better designs out there now, but I will be staying with what I knows works for now-change them every 75thou or so.

Bosch platniums wear down too fast in most engines, especially GM engines.

Stick with NGK.

-T

quote:

What about the Iridium or Double platinum. (NGK or Denso) Around $10-$15 each. But, the Iridiums are rated for about 100k miles and the Double platinums are rated for 60k miles

02 civic ex: denso i20's work extermely well.

What about the Iridium or Double platinum. (NGK or Denso) Around $10-$15 each. But, the Iridiums are rated for about 100k miles and the Double platinums are rated for 60k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back