Border patrol fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5_RkYXlmXE&feature=channel

crackmeup2.gif

The failed marriage proposal was choice. Like the announcer said, he'll get over it in about 10 years.

I couldn't figure out where the big "plug" came from in front of the deluged vehicle. It didn't appear to be there before "Old Faithful" blew her top ..but suspiciously looked like it would have covered the crater perfectly.

People shouldn't engage in "group flushing" events (visions of the nation turning off their lights to say hi! to John Glenn).

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
T
I couldn't figure out where the big "plug" came from in front of the deluged vehicle. It didn't appear to be there before "Old Faithful" blew her top ..but suspiciously looked like it would have covered the crater perfectly.

People shouldn't engage in "group flushing" events (visions of the nation turning off their lights to say hi! to John Glenn).

It looked like the plug was over the geyser hole before it blew.

My question is what caused the water to pulse like that twice about 4 minutes a part? The guy is lucky he ran into the plug instead of it landing on his roof.

Quote:
My question is what caused the water to pulse like that twice about 4 minutes a part? The guy is lucky he ran into the plug instead of it landing on his roof.

I've seen this type of thing happen before. Not nearly to that magnitude ..but..

We'd get some accumulation of the weirs of our clarifier(s). You would plug your drain with a flange with a pipe on it and physically sweep it down. You would return it to the clarifier to allow the mass of particles to sink to the bottom. You ended up with about 12" of standing water around the full circumference of the clarifier. When you pulled the flange it would flood the weir box and blow off one of the capped vent pipes down about 100ft. It would pulse like this too. It would decrease as the head decreased ..but if it was a sustainable vertical column, I imagine that it would look just like that. I am surprised it's so apparently violent ..but I think our perception of scale is just off.

rim_flo_clarifier_R.jpg

Have you ever viewed a glass steam pipe partially flooded with condensate? That might be the action going on there.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back