Bootable USB Ubuntu Persistent Thumb Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the following program I created a bootable 9.04 Ubuntu Thumb Drive that is Persistent (it stores any changes you have made).

Link to web site.

Once you download and run the program it is in English.

It has some neat features like cloaking and automatically makes the partition for the Persistent feature.

I used an 8 Gig USB Drive and made the Persistent Partition 4 gigs. You can use a smaller drive.

I have done things like this in the past with Puppy Linux, etc., but this makes it as easy as falling off a log.

If you use a 2 gig flash drive, I would recommend that you make the Persistent Partition around 900 megs.

With a 4 gig drive, make it somewhere around 2.9 gigs.

I used an extra 8 gig drive. The max size of the Persistent Partition is 4 gigs so I ended up having 1 gig for the being used for Ubuntu and 4 gigs for the Persistent Partition or in other words 3 gigs not being used.

The Ubuntu Distribution has Firefox - OpenOffice, etc., and I added Thunderbird and a few other programs.

Big plus is that you can use any computer that allows you to boot off of a USB Thumb Drive and not leave any footprint on that computer.

Have had no issues with networking - Wi-Fi.

I've used the Bootable USB utility within Ubuntu to do the same thing. Seems to work really well. The problem with me is that I like to try out different distros, so I don't actually keep them for long :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back