Bob Saget passed away at 65

The network we were watching interrupted the program with a special announcement to let us know that.

Sad thing but "We interrupt this program for a special announcement" ?
When they aint got anything else..

Again, just like last week or a few days ago, it is unfortunate when someone passes away but not the end of the world. And 65 isnt even that old.

R.I.P. Bob.

I find it interesting that many on here feel like him being 65 and passing away as too young....

Heck my friend from high school died at 31 years old.... From a bee sting of all things. Austin told me in geography class in 10 the grade he would die from a wasp or bee sting. I was quite surprised by that. Then in 2005 I saw where he died from a wasp or bee sting while working on something outside of his house.

I knew a young fella where I grew up who died before his 20th birthday. A rare type of cancer. I felt so bad for his family.... Terrible, terrible deal there.

65 is not that young.

Now... Comparing that to a lady who I took care of who lived to be 112 years old... One of the oldest people in the US when she passed away.

Ok... Maybe 65 is relatively young compared to that.

This lady's husband had passed away 37 years before she did.

There were at least 6 people I took care of who lived to be over 100 years old while at my old job.

One man lived to be 102+ and he actually was in quite good shape up until his last 6 months. One night we were talking about The Manhattan project and he mentioned something very, very technical from that because he had worked on the Manhattan project. Then he tells me, " I guess I shouldn't have told you that". At which point I laughed and said I think it's long been unclassified by now.

I have seen so many leave this world... Young, middle age, old, and exceptionally old...

I have seen a young 20 year old kid with his cerebral cortex exposed after barrel rolling his car and smashing the glass window beside him and then smacking the pavement with the side of his head. Dead... Fixed and dilated. It literally had just happened. Like maybe 1 minute before I came rolling up upon the accident. And he died for nothing. It was just plain stupid. His 3 friends asking if he was ok... Just shook my head no. Police officer telling them he's dead.

65... Ain't all that bad. Obviously not like someone living to 100+ and not only that but actually able to function quite well too at that age. I have definitely seen that. And that is remarkable to see.

To meet and take care of a lady who's 100 when you meet her. To sit and talk with her routinely every afternoon when you see her and get to know her. And for her to get to know you. And after over a year plus she tells you are her 4th son.... It's a amazing, humbling and tremendous honor and feeling to have her say that.

My father died at 62. Not a surprise at all. I didn't think he was young at all. Guess I have different perspective because of everything I have seen.

I find it interesting that many on here feel like him being 65 and passing away as too young....

Heck my friend from high school died at 31 years old.... From a bee sting of all things. Austin told me in geography class in 10 the grade he would die from a wasp or bee sting. I was quite surprised by that. Then in 2005 I saw where he died from a wasp or bee sting while working on something outside of his house.

I knew a young fella where I grew up who died before his 20th birthday. A rare type of cancer. I felt so bad for his family.... Terrible, terrible deal there.

65 is not that young.

Now... Comparing that to a lady who I took care of who lived to be 112 years old... One of the oldest people in the US when she passed away.

Ok... Maybe 65 is relatively young compared to that.

This lady's husband had passed away 37 years before she did.

There were at least 6 people I took care of who lived to be over 100 years old while at my old job.

One man lived to be 102+ and he actually was in quite good shape up until his last 6 months. One night we were talking about The Manhattan project and he mentioned something very, very technical from that because he had worked on the Manhattan project. Then he tells me, " I guess I shouldn't have told you that". At which point I laughed and said I think it's long been unclassified by now.

I have seen so many leave this world... Young, middle age, old, and exceptionally old...

I have seen a young 20 year old kid with his cerebral cortex exposed after barrel rolling his car and smashing the glass window beside him and then smacking the pavement with the side of his head. Dead... Fixed and dilated. It literally had just happened. Like maybe 1 minute before I came rolling up upon the accident. And he died for nothing. It was just plain stupid. His 3 friends asking if he was ok... Just shook my head no. Police officer telling them he's dead.

65... Ain't all that bad. Obviously not like someone living to 100+ and not only that but actually able to function quite well too at that age. I have definitely seen that. And that is remarkable to see.

To meet and take care of a lady who's 100 when you meet her. To sit and talk with her routinely every afternoon when you see her and get to know her. And for her to get to know you. And after over a year plus she tells you are her 4th son.... It's a amazing, humbling and tremendous honor and feeling to have her say that.

My father died at 62. Not a surprise at all. I didn't think he was young at all. Guess I have different perspective because of everything I have seen.
You have been given, for better or for worse, a rather unique perspective on the subject of life and it's inevitable end. Most of us will probably only be around when one, maybe three people we know are on their deathbed. Death doesn't become sewn into the fabric of our life, although it certainly is in store for us all. May the father bless you for every person you've cared for in their final days. Respect.

Back