Bob Saget passed away at 65

We always watched Full House growing up and my own kids love the show also and watch it all the time. I know his stand up was pretty filthy but the TV show was good wholesome content and usually had a good message or life lesson. Bummer to hear this news.

I always wondered if the former was because of the latter. I'm not familiar with his standup (existed?) before the show, so maybe a naïve question.

I always wondered if the former was because of the latter. I'm not familiar with his standup (existed?) before the show, so maybe a naïve question.
I only watched a little of the early standup. Not sure what year. It was a bit like shock comedy to me. A lot of the things were funny largely because it was so opposite from his character as Danny Tanner. I didn't see any of his later stuff though so it may have evolved over time.

My gawd, this is the beginning of a crazy year. Bob Sagat was great in full house when I was a kid and better in his latest edgy comedy. RIP

I remember him being the "not that great" comedian host on AFV, in a way that makes him funny. Never really watched Full House when I was a teen and that's a show that didn't show oversea so I only knew about him but not the show.

RIP, 65 is really too young.

RIP to both Bob & Duane. I remember Dobie Gillis too.

I didn't know that the girl that played Zelda, (Sheila Kuehl), in that show, was one of the first actresses in Hollywood to admit she was openly gay. (A big deal in the 50's and 60's). Later she was elected to the California legislature as a State Senator. She's 80 years old.

Back