BND Quantum Blue vs Mobile 1 EP - 2007 Charger 5.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are correct, i did not think about the situation, the 'reduction' cannot be more than 100%. ONLY IF it were an INCREASE, then you can properly use a % value greater than 100.

Sorry for calling you math challedged fdcg27, clearly i am more math challenged than you. Lol

So yes, 600% compared to what?!

Not compared to anything, as the statement is meaningless. It just can't be done no matter what it's compared with.

Not even if it is chocolate milk and peanuts
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: zpinch
So yes, 600% compared to what?!

Originally Posted By: PhilH
And I can't be fair without posting the reply from the owner of BND Oil.

Ok,

So what is your point?

First it is a 7.5w23 not 22.5 and 849 more miles on QB.

Second, no chromium on QB and 1 on M1 so more ring wear on M1

Third, no lead on QB and 1 on M1 so more bearing wear on M1

Fourth more copper oxide taken out of the cooler than M1 which means the cooler will be MORE EFFICIENT at transferring heat!

Fifth, we got more aluminum due to the cleaning of the engine from before QB got there. You got less due to our additives in QB

Sixth, you got the advantage of using the anti-wear compounds still in the QB all over the engine that helped the M1 post better numbers so no surprise here either and yet they still had more wear! A real controlled test would be two separate engines with the same mileage on them doing the same thing at the same time with QB and M1 and then you would really see a difference! Piggy Backing our technology doesn't prove anything! The second or third change without us would be cogent and not before!

Continual use of the M1 will begin to show what it really does and not on the back of our technologies!

Same reason you can't do a baseline running ACES IV in your engine and then stop using it and dyno the car again. The dyno result would be skewed due to our technologies introduced into the engine previously! Like a clean blender before chocolate milk and peanuts are introduced. Once that has happened, people with chocolate and peanut allergies will still get sick unless it is completely cleaned out. You can't go the other way! QuantumBlue has unique technology that Mobil 1 nor any other oil has. Do traditional PAO FIRST and then QuantumBlue and not the other way around!

Dyno before and then after and not the other way around! Same with the oils!

Is there more of a backstory to this that made the BND guy go off on a rant? It's all very defensive. Did you send him the comparative oil analyses, and ask him to explain why his boutique oil performed no better than off-the-shelf M1?

I find myself wondering if the wear metal numbers had been reversed, he would have been crowing about how great his oil is: "See, the Copper dropped from 70 to 57, see how much less bearing wear there is!"

And why does his "23-weight" oil test to be a middleweight 30? The M1 EP also fell in the 30-weight band, too, but it was closer to being a 20.

Last edited:
It seems very strange how he numbers his oil weights in absolute terms, even though SAE weights are not absolute...

He is either very smart and has some good products, or he is a scammer and his ACES IV treament is most likely a 2-stroke oil mixture?

I still want to try ACES IV. Maybe a group purchase?

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Is there more of a backstory to this that made the BND guy go off on a rant? It's all very defensive. Did you send him the comparative oil analyses, and ask him to explain why his boutique oil performed no better than off-the-shelf M1?

I find myself wondering if the wear metal numbers had been reversed, he would have been crowing about how great his oil is: "See, the Copper dropped from 70 to 57, see how much less bearing wear there is!"

And why does his "23-weight" oil test to be a middleweight 30? The M1 EP also fell in the 30-weight band, too, but it was closer to being a 20.

That was BND's response the analysis provided for his review.

Originally Posted By: zpinch
It seems very strange how he numbers his oil weights in absolute terms, even though SAE weights are not absolute...

He is either very smart and has some good products, or he is a scammer and his ACES IV treament is most likely a 2-stroke oil mixture?

I still want to try ACES IV. Maybe a group purchase?

There's no doubt Brian is extremely intelligent. He might even have a "good" oil, but is it better than the off the shelf oils? Even more importantly, is it worth the cost of his product?

Aces IV... I've used it, but have not seen any real improvement on my mostly stock 5.7L, but I'm also using a Diablo predator that is running a bit fat on fuel, so don't expect to get any long term knock. I've heard that the Diablo tuner employee said it makes zero difference while tuning. Brian claimed that a car made 7 whole HP more on the dyno using A4. I offered to let him put my car on the dyno and prove A4 actually made a difference. I made that offer after he offered one of the best wrenches on these vehicles to try A4, but the guy was in NY. Once the guy moved to OH, Brian was no longer willing to test his product.

A4 smells remarkably like Hoppes gun cleaner.

There's a LOT of wild BND claims, like supplying the military, helping the govt in the gulf oil clean-up, significantly reduced engine wear, etc etc etc.

As I said before, when I started this "experiment", I knew there were a lot of flaws in this ONE test sample of each product, but it provided some informational guidance. IMO, the wear numbers are nearly identical, to me is indicative that I don't need to spend $100 for an oil change.

Some of you will either hate me or attack me, or do both. I first came across Quantum Blue being mentioned about 6 months ago on one of the Dodge Charger or Challenger forums. UOA results posted were literally horrible.

Back then I went to BND site and read about QB oils. The amount of scientific heresy was unbelievable. I mean it was awful! It sounded like the person who wrote the text hadn't taken a single class in science, let alone at a university level. I have tried to look at their site again and it has been changed drastically. Now they have some kind of NASA expert it's being claimed representing their interests, acting like a spokesperson.

Bottom line, I would stay away from these blends as far away as possible. Stick with certified oils developed by teams of true scientists at well equipped and funded laboratories, corporate or otherwise.

Also, think about it. Oils shear with time. You start at, say, 10.9cSt @100C, and in 500 miles you are at 10.7, and by the end of OCI you are at 9.85. So, what is it are you paying the premium for? Because they sent you oil mix of 22% of 5w20 and 78% of 5w30? Well, big deal, you start at some other number within the 30 oil grade range, like 10.56cSt @100C. But it's going to keep changing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back