BND Automotive ACES IV gas forumla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if anyone here has used it, and if so how did you like it. I am thinking about trying it out myself.

http://bndautomotive.com/aces-formulas/

It is a forumla for gsline(and diesel) that provide upper cylinder lubricity, anti corrosion, and claims to boost the octane effect 9 points, so 89 octane up to 98 effect, 91 to 100.... Hemi forums, guys are using and loving it.

Originally Posted By: zpinch
Wondering if anyone here has used it, and if so how did you like it. I am thinking about trying it out myself.

http://bndautomotive.com/aces-formulas/

It is a forumla for gsline(and diesel) that provide upper cylinder lubricity, anti corrosion, and claims to boost the octane effect 9 points, so 89 octane up to 98 effect, 91 to 100.... Hemi forums, guys are using and loving it.

I have used this in my 6.1 Chrysler, it reduces the KR values tremendously.

Brian makes really good stuff...

i cant remember pricing.... some people from SRT forums says that the price is made up from the increase in MPG, and in some cases surpases. But this just what they are saying, so... I want to try a bottle for myself.

As the product increases the octane rating I'm going to guess Steve is referring to Knock Retard. Ignition timing retarded to stop engine knock (detonation).

Originally Posted By: cp3
As the product increases the octane rating I'm going to guess Steve is referring to Knock Retard. Ignition timing retarded to stop engine knock (detonation).

Sorry, OP, I missed this question.

yes, my car has known issues with KR or knock retard.

This product specifically was the best octane booster I had ever used. It also contains a proprietary solid that is a UCL.

Like I said, good stuff.

KR, knock retard, I was thinking it somethng to do with engine knock....

Benz, Let us know the price on that
smile.gif

KR, knock retard, I was thinking it somethng to do with engine knock....

Benz, Let us know the price on that
smile.gif

A post here from 2011 says the 32-oz. bottle was $74.00.

Ouch, yes it is kind of pricey.

But it's top notch. You should call and speak to Brian, the owner. He makes proprietary stuff for the military and has a ton of cool tech to share with you...

32oz bottle treats something 900L of gasoline, IIRC?

His site says "The 32 oz squeeze bottle treats 192 gallons." So about 726 liters, I think?

My Regal's gas tank holds 18 gallons, with BND's specified treat rate at 1 oz./6 gallons. So 3 oz. every two weeks or so would last me a good 5 months. Each treatment would cost about $7 (at that ca. $75 price for 32 oz.). At $3.50/gallon for fuel (let's round it off to that to make the calculations easier), I'd have to save about 2 gallons per tankful to break even. And 2 / 18 = .11111.

So I'd have to see an mpg improvement of at least 11%, yes?

1oz per 6 gallons and it will raise the octane rating 9 full points??? EPA approved??? You would think the oil companies would buy him out. I don't think 1oz of nitro per 6 gallons would raise the octane 9 points. What is in this stuff???

Benz, others were reporting a marked increase in MPG, but it must depend on the car... 9 points octane effect is prety well 10% increase, so maybe a combo of leaning out the air/fuel and some genie magic?

oldhp, yes it is EPA approved and certified according to his website. No one has any idea what this stuff is, pretty advanced though.

It is supposed to build up a residue on the cylinder walls as a lubricant (we used to have diethyl lead in our gas...now its unleaded fuel) . Lead used to be an upper cylinder lubricant and valve cushion, as well as an octane booster... but lead is extremely toxic.

Last edited:
I've heard from Brian:

"With the new website, we have been having communication and email issues. We finally got things fixed as of today. Sorry for the wait on the answer.

"Your 2.4L Ecotec would work great with the ACES IV EFI version. The 11.2 to 1 needs higher octane effects and protection from the ethanol fuels we get these days. More horsepower, more torque, and better throttle response while having more fuel economy and smoother running.

"The quart of ACES IV EFI is $79.95 and treats 192 gallons of fuel. If you use 15 gallons per week, the quart will last 13 weeks. The quart is a size that is considered a trial amount. We never recommend people continue to buy that size. After people purchase the quart and try it, they always come back for the 1 gallon which is $269.00 for that package.

"If you use 15 gallons of fuel per week, the gallon would last 1 year.

"I look forward to working with you and your Buick Regal."

Regards,
Brian Schubert
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

Interesting. Since I tend to use about 8-9 gallons a week, the quart would last me closer to 6 months.

He also sent a retail print package and an excerpt from the 2010 Chevy book (?) for my review. I'll report on them after I've had a look.

I asked if there was any problem using E10 fuel. Brian's reply:

"Using E10 with ACES IV is fine. We expect that it is virtually impossible to find E0 fuels most of the time. Obviously if you have E0 it is better but using E10 is fine as well. I was just stating that with ethanol fuels you have less btu energy as well as increased damage due to ethanol being hygroscopic. With ACES IV, ethanol is a non-issue. Contains anti-corrosion agents, anti-oxidants, metal deactivators and fuel stabilizers as well as suspending the ethanol damage."

Benz thanks for posting that... I hadnt checked back on this thread in awhile. I think i will definitely get a 32 oz bottle to try out in my CRV. gine quieter and better thottle response. I also get noticable increase in mpg running E0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back