BMW TwinPower Turbo 0W-20 LL-17 FE+ (Maybe?), 6k OCI (Maybe?) 2019 BMW X3

I recently purchased a 2019 BMW X3 and had the oil analyzed that was already in the vehicle. Based on the CarFax, it appears the oil was last changed at the BMW dealer so it should be BMW TwinPower Turbo 0W-20 LL-17 FE+. However, the filter was not an OEM filter (still a Mahle filter, but not the one with BMW written on it) so not sure if the dealership I bought it from (not a BMW dealer) did an oil change (their reconditioning paperwork doesn't state they changed the oil). If it was last changed at the BMW dealer, the oil has 6k miles on it. If it was changed by the dealer I purchased from, it only has 1k miles on it.

Can anyone tell me what type of oil it might be, if its not BMW TwinPower Turbo 0W-20 LL-17 FE+? Maybe standard Mobil1 0W-20?

Any thoughts on the UOA?

UOA Wix.jpg

Last edited:
The viscosity @100C indicates it is a 20w. I don't think anyone has done a VOA on LL17FE oil. In any case I wouldn't worry about based upon the number of miles.

Looks great, tbn of 4.6 and 3ppm of iron but because it isn't known for sure it was changed by the dealer one should assume the safest. that it was changed 1k ago. id only trust the next uoa.

I don't think it's be any of the "regular" Mobil 1 0W-20 products, the phos seems a little high, Mobil1 AFE and EP 0W-20 should only have around 650ppm of phos.

Sorry, I only included the relevant portions of the report initially but uploaded the full report now. The UOA was done by ALS.

I assume it was a 0W-20 oil since that is what the oil cap calls for.

The viscosity @100C indicates it is a 20w. I don't think anyone has done a VOA on LL17FE oil. In any case I wouldn't worry about based upon the number of miles.
I didn't see one for 0W-20 LL17FE+ but there is a VOA for 0W-20 LL14 which may provide some guidance.

Attachments

• IMG_20170704_131130_zpseroa59si.jpg
    IMG_20170704_131130_zpseroa59si.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 164
Back