BMW Shows Off First 2 Series Coupe That's Made In Mexico

How about a BMW that is made in..... Germany?
Like I want German engineering and build quality.

BMW buyers have the money, that is not the issue. The issue I have is, I want the "Ultimate Driving Machine" and anything that endangers that is unacceptable.

How about a BMW that is made in..... Germany?
Like I want German engineering and build quality.

BMW buyers have the money, that is not the issue. The issue I have is, I want the "Ultimate Driving Machine" and anything that endangers that is unacceptable.

The cars come out of the plant exactly the same, (and as designed by the engineers) no matter where the plant is located. That’s how modern manufacturing works.

Last edited:
What's their motivation to build in Mexico? They have unions too?
European manufacturers are not having same view of unions like US ones.
VW wanted to unionize workers in TN plant, but state didn’t allow it as laws permit that. EU is largest foreign investor in Mexico, so not surprising for BMW to go there too.

The cars come out of the plant exactly the same, (and as designed by the engineers) no matter where the plant is located. That’s how modern manufacturing works.
I'm glad you got some serious inside information on BMW! Because other car manufactures, they do *not* always come out as the engineers designed! Thus, warranty claims.
You think something is somehow built better because "modern manufacturing" prevents dummies from screwing up, you are seriously mistaking. Warranty claims prove it.

Last edited:
I'm glad you got some serious inside information on BMW! Because other car manufactures, they do *not* always come out as the engineers designed! Thus, warranty claims.
You think something is somehow built better because "modern manufacturing" prevents dummies from screwing up, you are seriously mistaking. Warranty claims prove it.
meaning if you are not german you are a dummy?

Doesn’t your argument assume engineers are 100% perfect and warranty claims are always due to assembly errors?

I’m still looking for proof that Mexican made BMWs are of lesser quality than German made ones.

JD Powers is convinced the German-made BMWs are lower quality than African made ones.

I work with engineers from all over the globe and yes some are German. Was working with a really good one that had an apartment across the hall. I’m always first going to work, but this day I see his door was open - and he is standing in water panicked and on the phone for help. I walked in - said grab this side and pull on 1-2-three !
Then I closed the ice maker valve and headed to work … 😷

Some people think a guy named Fritz bolted on the bumper in a German BMW factory in Germany. It is equally possible it was bolted on by Muhammad, an immigrant from Turkey.
Heard that’s how so many got sick in Italy … making millions from “Made in Italy” boutique stuff …
with cheap imported labor that brought in a surprise …

Exactly. A lot of people don't understand and are naive to this fact. I've seen some videos on the San Luis Pitosi plant and it is currently the most sophisticated plant BMW owns. Also, my coworker owns a 330i from there, 0 issues.

Back