BMW High Performance Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff has been on back order for months I was told and I have to wonder if it is a new formulation called BMW Super Power Special in the UK . Click Me

I just picked up a case at a little over 4 bucks a quart . I would think it beats the Syntec and Mobil oils in price vs performance ... JMO so what's your opinion ?

Is this a new formula and is it a better deal than Amsoil , Mobil and OTC Syntec ?

These dealers has the goods these days . BMW for the Castrol for cheap and Saab for one great true Syn Blend at 2.30 a liter ..... that oil even has the sweet aroma of an Ester
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by hungdynasty:
This is probably the Castrol RS 0W40 I mentioned on another topic before.
shocked.gif

It is the exact same VI @ 40c and 100c that the 0w-40 is but the MSDS notes both a color and density difference .

Looks like it's a tweeked version of the Castrol RS 0W40 .

It does appear to be a new engine oil though by looking at the date .

I would LOVE to see Castrol put the 0w-40R and GC permanantly on the shelf.
cool.gif
I think in time, we will start to see higher quality synthetics hit the US retail market. More and more cars are calling for them.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
I would LOVE to see Castrol put the 0w-40R and GC permanantly on the shelf.
cool.gif
I think in time, we will start to see higher quality synthetics hit the US retail market. More and more cars are calling for them.

I too would love to see Castrol 0w40 over here! I hope that by the time GC disappears, they'll replace it with 0w40 over here. It's pretty close to the same viscosity at 100C anyways (12.9 vs 12.2)

Motorbike, any info. on the availability of this oil? This and GC on the shelf would be sweet.

Anyone have any info on the BMW oils? Might take a trip over their to see what they have. Maybe some GC?

Yes, I want that Castrol 0w40 for sure! I think it would be an excellent oil for them to start selling in North America to compete with Mobil 1.

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:

These dealers has the goods these days . BMW for the Castrol for cheap and Saab for one great true Syn Blend at 2.30 a liter ..... that oil even has the sweet aroma of an Ester
smile.gif

Don't forget while you're there to pick up some G48 coolant (~$9/gal @ Saab), the pretty blue stuff used in BMW ($18/gal. @ BMW) and VW ($10/1.5litre @ VW)...beat that with a stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back