BMW E92 pulling when braking

I get it. The u joints seemed okay, but it’s hard to tell. If I knew the driveshaft was the problem, a better driveshaft would’ve been bought

Front diff. is not common. It could happen, but not common. It could be driveshaft.
On eBay you could find that fairly cheap. Was transfer case serviced regularly?
There was a code for transfer case oil wear. The fluid was changed and code reset.

Generally, you want that serviced every 60k.
If it is not grinding when turning wheel at parking speeds, it is not TC.
I don't think it makes noise at turning at parking speeds, but I'm not sure. It sounds fine turning into and out of the driveway etc. I actually don't think it makes any noises at all when turning

Not TC. Tc disconnects at parking speeds and grinds when connecting.
+1 on it not being TC.

It's also really rare for the front diffs to fail unless you run it low on fluid. My experience has always been the driveshaft, or at least that non-rebuildable u-joint in the driveshaft.

I
+1 on it not being TC.

It's also really rare for the front diffs to fail unless you run it low on fluid. My experience has always been the driveshaft, or at least that non-rebuildable u-joint in the driveshaft.
The front diff fluid was changed like 6 months ago with Redline 75w-90. About a quart went in. The fluid that came out was a medium amber with no metal of any kind. We might install the driveshaft today

I

The front diff fluid was changed like 6 months ago with Redline 75w-90. About a quart went in. The fluid that came out was a medium amber with no metal of any kind. We might install the driveshaft today
Yeah that shouldn't be the issue then. Capacity is about a quart. I've been running Redline 75w90 in all the BMW diffs I service.

Yeah that shouldn't be the issue then. Capacity is about a quart. I've been running Redline 75w90 in all the BMW diffs I service.
I am going to try to top it off, though. The oil pan gasket is leaking, so it would be hard to tell if the differential is leaking. I have a little bit of the Redline left, but I could always go to AutoZone and get some Mobil 1 synthetic or Valvoline synthetic for under 20. I think I’m also going to do my rear differential while I top off his front diff, or if he just wants to change the fluid, because those gear oils stink, so I just throw the pump away. I can also get the Redline off Amazon in 1 day with my student prime. I’ll try to do the driveshaft and update tonight. Thank you Jeeepman, you’re always so helpful and nice

I am going to try to top it off, though. The oil pan gasket is leaking, so it would be hard to tell if the differential is leaking. I have a little bit of the Redline left, but I could always go to AutoZone and get some Mobil 1 synthetic or Valvoline synthetic for under 20. I think I’m also going to do my rear differential while I top off his front diff, or if he just wants to change the fluid, because those gear oils stink, so I just throw the pump away. I can also get the Redline off Amazon in 1 day with my student prime. I’ll try to do the driveshaft and update tonight. Thank you Jeeepman, you’re always so helpful and nice
Anytime glad I can help. I usually use Redline but now that I think of it the last change I did was with a friend on his 2006 325XI he just bought. He got some of that Valvoline synthetic 75w90 in the bags and it was wayyyy easier to put into the diff, no oil pump required. I might use that going forward just because of how much easier it was. I have some waiting to go in the front axle of my Kubota tractor too.

Did you use it for the front diff? I don’t remember how much clearance there is
Anytime glad I can help. I usually use Redline but now that I think of it the last change I did was with a friend on his 2006 325XI he just bought. He got some of that Valvoline synthetic 75w90 in the bags and it was wayyyy easier to put into the diff, no oil pump required. I might use that going forward just because of how much easier it was. I have some waiting to go in the front axle of my Kubota tractor too.

p

Did you use it for the front diff? I don’t remember how much clearance there is

p
Yup, both diffs in the 325XI. We took off the skid plate, and we were able to sneak the bag in through the wheel well. His had been changed before, as someone was nice enough to round off the drain plug for us.

Ok, great. Did you take the wheel off? Sounds like the bags are the way to go
Yes, we pulled the driver side front wheel for easier access. Probably could've gotten away with just turning the steering wheel all the way to the passenger side, but it was easy enough to zip off the wheel with the battery impact.

Yes, we pulled the driver side front wheel for easier access. Probably could've gotten away with just turning the steering wheel all the way to the passenger side, but it was easy enough to zip off the wheel with the battery impact.
Yeah, I just don’t have 4 jack stands. I originally took off the plate and changed the fluid without any jacks. But I’ll look and see if there would be enough room. But I think I’ll have to buy a pump to get old fluid out of my rear diff, if I wanted to change it. Either way, it’s only 5 bucks at harbor freight.

Welp…… He installed the driveshaft. It didn’t fix it. We topped off the dip fluid. It was probably 10 ounces low. We used a turkey baster to pump it in. Problem is still present. I don’t know what to do. Drain front diff fluid and see if it has metal? Put in a 75w140?

Ugh, I think the front diff is bad, as it seems like it sounds like this video. What do I do? X Delete?

Welp…… He installed the driveshaft. It didn’t fix it. We topped off the dip fluid. It was probably 10 ounces low. We used a turkey baster to pump it in. Problem is still present. I don’t know what to do. Drain front diff fluid and see if it has metal? Put in a 75w140?
How are the front axle shafts and front wheel bearings?

Back