BMW E92 pulling when braking

Would something like this be good for a front suspension refresh?

1662635580204.jpg

Also, does me having the m sports suspension affect anything?

That kit will work, the m-sport suspension is usually only concerning the shocks/springs.
Okay, makes sense. I couldn’t really find out what exactly the m sports suspension is. Does the price seem good?

Is this what brake rotors should look like. I’m not really sure what they’re supposed to look like
721FA90C-0194-424E-9294-0C55C2166041.jpeg
C3F6C53F-5383-4728-96B3-063666643702.jpeg

Look at the inside of the rotor too-- it should be the same. If you can't see, at least feel the inside to check if it is rusted on the friction area.

Ok, sounds right on. I've been looking on how to find out if a rotor is warped. Is there any easy way? I have a dial caliper I could use to measure, but I didn't know if there is an easier way.

Have you checked the alignment yet? Your initial problem description says it pulls one direction, the same direction, only during braking. Your video shows the steering moving around during driving of all kinds. If that's your video, your initial post did not properly describe the issue.

Alignment issues combined with wide (especially wider than original spec) front tires can cause this. It's sometimes called tramlining. If there's excessive toe out the car will want to follow every rut in the road as well as road crown in general (e.g. "pulling to the right" most of the times you use the brakes). Particularly if it's an M3, the previous owner might have done this intentionally as 'toe out' increases steering response. Are the roads were you live rutted by heat or heavy traffic?

Part of an alignment by a good shop is a pre-alignment check. They will pry on every bushing and ball joint and make sure that it is at least in good enough condition to take an alignment, and it's an extra set of eyes on the car for no extra charge.

It’s not my video. It’s not an m3. Yes, the roads aren’t great. I don’t drive on the highway.

Recently my brakes have been so loud, I can hear them with the windows up with music on.

I will try to check the car out tomorrow, but I don’t have the tools with me to take the wheels off and look at the brakes

That’s what it does when i break for a stop sign or light

I see lots of post saying caliper which I generally agree with, but keep in mind a collapsed brake hose could also be the issue.
I was thinking that. Though it’s an awfully young car for such a thing, IMO.

If it takes a few times to pump up or restrict pressure, that could be the fix.

Back