BMW B48 suggestions

First post, sorry if not correct.
I'm looking for PAO+Ester motor oil for BMW G30 530i b48 engine. Driving 90% city 10% highways and also I have an ecu bootmod3 tuning kit. Living in northern europe.

so far I see these motor oils:
Mobil1 FS 0W40
Amsoil Signature Series 0W40 (I am afraid that the oil is not for European cars and I think low ZDDP, but still PAO + ester)
Valvoline 0W40 (PAO but I think there is no esters in the new ones)
redline oils are expensive and hard to find, so unacceptable ;)

And am I right with viscosity 40? It's very difficult to find PAO + ester with viscosity 30
so I will be glad to any recommendation

How about looking for one that carries the required approval for your vehicle? Yes you've modified it but what evidence is there that a different base stock than the BMW approved oil is better here?

Base stock chasing is rarely warranted considering it throws out every performance specification save that which someone perceives to be relevant.

First post, sorry if not correct.
I'm looking for PAO+Ester motor oil for BMW G30 530i b48 engine. Driving 90% city 10% highways and also I have an ecu bootmod3 tuning kit. Living in northern europe.

so far I see these motor oils:
Mobil1 FS 0W40
Amsoil Signature Series 0W40 (I am afraid that the oil is not for European cars and I think low ZDDP, but still PAO + ester)
Valvoline 0W40 (PAO but I think there is no esters in the new ones)
redline oils are expensive and hard to find, so unacceptable ;)

And am I right with viscosity 40? It's very difficult to find PAO + ester with viscosity 30
so I will be glad to any recommendation
Stick to LL01. Forget base stocks.
BMW TPT 0W40 M Performance
BMW TPT 5W30 LL01
Shell Helix PurePlus with LL01.

In that order. BMW TOT 0W40 is some serious stuff specifically made for BMW by Shell. GTL+PAO.
In LL approvals you won't find easter-based oils due to oxidation requirements.

How about looking for one that carries the required approval for your vehicle? Yes you've modified it but what evidence is there that a different base stock than the BMW approved oil is better here?

Base stock chasing is rarely warranted considering it throws out every performance specification save that which someone perceives to be relevant.

i'm not on warranty, so i'm seeking best base oils for best protection

i'm not on warranty, so i'm seeking best base oils for best protection
Yeah I know and I didn’t say anything about warranty. What kind of metrics or indicators are you going to use to show that one oil with one basestock is better than another oil with a different one?

Yeah I know and I didn’t say anything about warranty. What kind of metrics or indicators are you going to use to show that one oil with one basestock is better than another oil with a different one?
I know that hydrocracking providing a lot of ash in the engine while driving in the city with 20-30 km/h average. And through this ash are going oil consumption. I just need the better protection, because of ecu tuning, in stock this engine working easily at 120+ degrees.

I know that hydrocracking providing a lot of ash in the engine while driving in the city with 20-30 km/h average. And through this ash are going oil consumption. I just need the better protection, because of ecu tuning, in stock this engine working easily at 120+ degrees.
The type of ash you’re referring to isn’t because of the base stock. If you need a low SAPS oil then that’s a different question.

The type of ash you’re referring to isn’t because of the base stock. If you need a low SAPS oil then that’s a different question.
Not really, low saps HS oils mostly made that kind of ash in the engine. I’m talking about polymerization under high temperatures

If you believe a post or a thread needs moderation, report it. This post is both unhelpful and inappropriate.
Another euro oil thread where the moderators dont move it to the correct sub forum. Back in the day, threads would be locked for this.

BMW G30 530i b48 engine.

PAO & ester based 5W-30 PCMOs with BMW LL-04 approval are easily available in Europe.
Ravenol VMP and REP 5W-30 and RUP if you think you need a 5W-40. I use to use REP as
I'm convinced both REP and RUP are 'the best' currently available with BMW LL-04 approval.
That said I see little reason using 5W-40 for my application. If your B48 B20 isn't stock tune I
would say it depends on power, using conditions and climate. Northern Europe suggests not
that high summer temps though, so 5W-30 should likely still be fine.

Stick to LL01.

For what reason the OP should use LL-01 if he's in Northern Europe where ultra-low sulpur
fuel is mandatory?

PAO & ester based 5W-30 PCMOs with BMW LL-04 approval are easily available in Europe.
Ravenol VMP and REP 5W-30 and RUP if you think you need a 5W-40. I use to use REP as
I'm convinced both REP and RUP are 'the best' currently available with BMW LL-04 approval.
That said I see little reason using 5W-40 for my application. If your B48 B20 isn't stock tune I
would say it depends on power, using conditions and climate. Northern Europe suggests not

For what reason the OP should use LL-01 if he's in Northern Europe where ultra-low sulpur
fuel is mandatory?
Yeah. I forgot his location.
But, he could use any of these.
Granted, if GPF, I would go LL04.

120c? That is normal oil temperature in BMW’s with just a bit if heavier foot.
All oil use combination of base stocks.
But, if you are stuck on esters or PAO, go Redline 5W30 EURO.

Thanks for replying, but I forget to mention that I need only full saps oil, I had a experience on a low saps with a vag tsi engines and by 80-90k km rings died and I had amazing oil consumption.
So I’m not looking for LL-04 and not really paying attention to bmw approvals if I see mb 229.5 or vw 502/505 I think this is same for euro engines.
So is Mobil1 FS 0W40 bad idea? It had LL-01 before bmw signed a contract with Shell.

You think you 'need' full SAPS on a B48?
Guess this VAG engine has been an EA888 first or second generation (2007-2012)?
Those earlier EA888 used to suffer from poorly designed piston rings and PCV, not
from a lack auf SAPS. I tend to claim there's no such thing as a lack of SAPS in any
contemporary passenger car engine.
Ravenol RSP 5W-30 is full SAPS btw and comes with LL-01 approval, but REP 5W-30
is better for a turbo-DI B48.
MB229.5 is excellent as well as VW 504 00 and VW 511 00 (not necessarily 502 00),
however you own a BMW, not a Mercedes or an Audi. Don't you think BMW knows
best what's good for their engines?

You think you 'need' full SAPS on a B48?
Guess this VAG engine has been an EA888 first or second generation (2007-2012)?
Those earlier EA888 used to suffer from poorly designed piston rings and PCV, not
from a lack auf SAPS. I tend to claim there's no such thing as a lack of SAPS in any
contemporary passenger car engine.
Ravenol RSP 5W-30 is full SAPS btw and comes with LL-01 approval, but REP 5W-30
is better for a turbo-DI B48.
MB229.5 is excellent as well as VW 504 00 and VW 511 00 (not necessarily 502 00),
however you own a BMW, not a Mercedes or an Audi. Don't you think BMW knows
best what's good for their engines?

I had two EA888 gen3. Golf gti mk7 (2014 prod) and then Audi A5 second generation (2017 prod). In both I changed PCV (BL code an the end) to the latest revision and it absolutely didn’t help. Golf was tuned, Audi not and both engines died like clockwork through oil consumption. In golf I used motul specific 5W30 504/507, in Audi - Castrol edge 5W30 So I don’t really trust this kinda ecological low saps oils.
After signing contract with shell, bmw no longer provides approvals to other oils, so I think it’s just money and marketing.
And if you know is there any changes in Mobil1 new life 0w40 and current Mobil 1 FS 0w40?

I had two EA888 gen3. Golf gti mk7 (2014 prod) and then Audi A5 second generation (2017 prod). In both I changed PCV (BL code an the end) to the latest revision and it absolutely didn’t help. Golf was tuned, Audi not and both engines died like clockwork through oil consumption. In golf I used motul specific 5W30 504/507, in Audi - Castrol edge 5W30 So I don’t really trust this kinda ecological low saps oils.
After signing contract with shell, bmw no longer provides approvals to other oils, so I think it’s just money and marketing.
And if you know is there any changes in Mobil1 new life 0w40 and current Mobil 1 FS 0w40?
What? Which BMW approval are you talking about?

And you don't understand SAPS levels and what they mean and don't mean.

Back