BMW 0W-40....Is it synthetic???

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
Interesting question...I recently leased an Audi and the dealership staff insists it comes with dino, but the owner's manual says it was filled with 0W30 at the factory. I wasn't aware there were any dino 0w30s.

Pscholte,
Congrats on the car. Which Audi did you lease?

BTW, I'm about 99% sure your dealer is wrong. I believe Audi also calls for ACEA A3 specs which I doubt a dino can meet. I have heard from some folks at vwvortex.com that Audis come with 0w-30 synthetic as factory fill. In any case, I think Audi recommends 10k drains and there is no way a dino can be 0w-30, ACEA A3, or pull off 10k drains.

Veedub,

It's an A6 Biturbo 2.7
grin.gif

In another dimension I guess...you doin' OK? Looks like GC and M1 are still attention getters...any hot news I should know about?

quote:

Originally posted by VeeDubb:

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
Veedub,

It's an A6 Biturbo 2.7
grin.gif

Pscholte,
Sweet ride. I hope you enjoy it.
Are you gonna run GC in it?

Considering he's got 140+ quarts of GC (I'm not kidding) I think he'll be using it in the Audi too!
smile.gif

VeeDub/Patman,

You bet...it will have GC flowing through its veins...at a rate of 7.3 qts per change (I love the big sump!)...in fact, since the owner's manual says it has 0W30 in it already, I'm betting it has got SLX LL in it now...and even though my dealership has an employee who autocrosses, they didn't know about GC...they know about it now!
grin.gif

140 bottles!
lol.gif

lemme see.....with Audi's 10k oil change recommendations, plus 7.3 qt sump, plus 140 qts.....you're set till 200,000 miles. That's impressive planning.
smile.gif

I'll ignore the fact that you are making fun of me
grin.gif
...yep, an impressive planner, that's what I am...OK, I do have three cars that will be using it so my stash isn't QUITE as long-lived as you are thinking...
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by VeeDubb:
140 bottles!
lol.gif

lemme see.....with Audi's 10k oil change recommendations, plus 7.3 qt sump, plus 140 qts.....you're set till 200,000 miles. That's impressive planning.
smile.gif

I wasn't making fun of you, seriously.
I am just pretty amazed by the stash of GC you have collected and tried to express it. Guess it came out wrong and I apologize.
Hope there's no hard feelings
cheers.gif

[ January 31, 2004, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: VeeDubb ]

VeeDub...VeeDub,

I guess I HAVE been away too long...my tongue was firmly in my cheek. I took no offense AT ALL and am sorry my intended humor was misinterpreted. All is well...very, very well indeed.
cheers.gif

Whew....
Glad we're cool. I figured it would be hard to pi$$ you off, given your good nature. So I really thought I must have been an a$$.
grin.gif

Good to see you back and hope you stick around this time.
cheers.gif

p.s. will you be roaming Audiworld or VWvortex now?

[ January 31, 2004, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: VeeDubb ]

I have been to Audiworld a couple of times...will probably only go there as the mood (or need) strikes...my chat time will probably be used up in the time I spend on this board...I did join the Audi Club of North America.

Congrats on the bi-turbo, pscholte.
cheers.gif
If you are ever on Audiworld, stop by at the 12v Development forum. You can usually find me there.

Thanks for the invitation...by any chance are they having a sweepstakes to give away a LeMans Quattro?
rolleyes.gif

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
Congrats on the bi-turbo, pscholte.
cheers.gif
If you are ever on Audiworld, stop by at the 12v Development forum. You can usually find me there.

Thanks, m'man. Time for two forums? I'm impressed!
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back