Blue Mountain (Lowe's) Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any info on these? I happened to walk by them at Lowe's, took a quick look in a box and noticed that the end of the filter is covered in plastic, which I thought was a nice touch. All I've been able to find online is that they're sold by Old World Industries, same people that sell Peak antifreeze and Herculiner bedliners. I didn't buy one (although I was tempted) since I've stockpiled a nice supply of filters already.

I did a search here and nothing came up, so if I missed something, point me to the thread. Thanks.

Their site.

I wouldn't be the least temped based on teh site you linked us to. Off brand. House brand. Made in China. Who knows. Based on the site, I see nothing special. Doesn't mention filtration ability, a silicon ADBV nor show anything but very ordinary construction. None of the Lowes near me carry anything automotive. Is that something new?

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
... Off brand. House brand. Made in China.....

Was thinking the same thing. Reminds me of the DriveWorks filter made in China sold at AAP which also (oddly imo) uses a coil retainer spring, rather than a leaf spring. Could be wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me.

To the OP-

Did you happen to notice where the filter was made?

I wouldn't hesitate to use it if it was made in the US or another reputable county. I'd pass if it was made in China, but that's just because I try to avoid as many Chinese products as possible.

It appears Blue Mountain is a brand of parts being offered by Old World Industries aimed at shops and dealers. I'm surprised they would turn up at Lowes. I'm sure these are just rebadged parts they're offering, but it's still interesting.

http://www.bluemountainprofessional.com/about.htm

Quote:

Old World Industries, maker of PEAK® Performance Products, has launched its Blue Mountain™ Professional line of affordable, high-quality automotive functional fluids and repair products targeted to service and repair shops, and automotive dealerships.

Last edited:
I was surprised to see them at Lowe's, too; there wasn't much of an automotive section, but they had oil, these filters, wiper blades, fuses, and so on.

I don't shop there much. I have some gift cards and Lowe's seems to be closing stores weekly in the western suburbs so I figured I'd better use them up while I still had a store somewhat near me. I'll check country of origin next time I'm in there. Thanks.

Donaldson used to manufacture oil filters for Old World Industries but I don't know if they still do.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
To the OP-

Did you happen to notice where the filter was made?

I wouldn't hesitate to use it if it was made in the US or another reputable county. I'd pass if it was made in China, but that's just because I try to avoid as many Chinese products as possible.

It appears Blue Mountain is a brand of parts being offered by Old World Industries aimed at shops and dealers. I'm surprised they would turn up at Lowes. I'm sure these are just rebadged parts they're offering, but it's still interesting.

http://www.bluemountainprofessional.com/about.htm

Quote:

Old World Industries, maker of PEAK® Performance Products, has launched its Blue Mountain™ Professional line of affordable, high-quality automotive functional fluids and repair products targeted to service and repair shops, and automotive dealerships.

What is the name of a reputable country?

I work at Lowe's in northern NJ and we just started stocking Shell & Penzoil motor oil and Fram
smirk.gif
oil filters. We also are now carrying other auto supplies also. Actually the prices are decent, comparable to WalMart, across the street, more one stop shopping plus I get a 10% discount
grin.gif

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: opus1
Any info on these? I happened to walk by them at Lowe's, took a quick look in a box and noticed that the end of the filter is covered in plastic, which I thought was a nice touch. All I've been able to find online is that they're sold by Old World Industries, same people that sell Peak antifreeze and Herculiner bedliners. I didn't buy one (although I was tempted) since I've stockpiled a nice supply of filters already.

I did a search here and nothing came up, so if I missed something, point me to the thread. Thanks.

Their site.

dead link...

Interesting.....it wasn't dead when I posted. I did notice that they seem to have redone their main site and there's no longer a mention of air or oil filters.

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
I work at Lowe's in northern NJ and we just started stocking Shell & Penzoil motor oil and Fram
smirk.gif
oil filters. We also are now carrying other auto supplies also. Actually the prices are decent, comparable to WalMart, across the street, more one stop shopping plus I get a 10% discount
grin.gif

Whimsey

Thanks for the update, Lord Peter ( : < ). I have a Menards and a Lowes across the street from each other and often go back and forth pricewise on stuff. I often buy my shell products at Menards on sale in bulk... now I have another place to shop.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Originally Posted By: Whimsey
smirk.gif
grin.gif

Whimsey

Thanks for the update, Lord Peter ( : < ). I have a Menards and a Lowes across the street from each other and often go back and forth pricewise on stuff. I often buy my shell products at Menards on sale in bulk... now I have another place to shop.

Glad to see a fellow reader of British mystery writers. Dorothy L. Sayers wrote great stories. I've enjoyed many hours reading Lord Peter Wimsey stories. My "Whimsey" was my golden retriever of 14 years, sadly missed for the last 8 years.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back