Blue Angels To Start Flying New Jets

Yeah, after 34 years, they were probably due. I've seen them twice at their home in Pensacola, and a couple times at my office, overlooking KC's downtown airport, as they practiced for the KC air show. Nothing like 'em-- breathtaking stunts and ear-popping loud!

Yeah, after 34 years, they were probably due. I've seen them twice at their home in Pensacola, and a couple times at my office, overlooking KC's downtown airport, as they practiced for the KC air show. Nothing like 'em-- breathtaking stunts and ear-popping loud!
When I lived in Tampa, FL. MacDill Air Force Base had Air Fest. I saw the Blue Angels there one year. The Thunderbirds were there one year as well. My son and I used to go to the show almost every year I lived there (1987-2012). It was cancelled last year due to Covid-19.
The company I worked for did the chill water and condenser water install for the KC-135 simulator. We also had a lot of contracts with the base for HVAC work (CEP's, chillers, cooling towers, AHU's, etc.). The ARMY BLACK KNIGHTS would practice their jumps at the base as well.

MacDill ‘postpones’ air show scheduled March 28-29; no new date given. (tampabay.com)

The Blue Angles need to go back to the old A4s to keep the air shows performance equal to the Thunderbirds flying the F16s.

The Blue Angles need to go back to the old A4s to keep the air shows performance equal to the Thunderbirds flying the F16s.
Why would the Blues want to water their performance down to USAF standards?

I mean, they could just fly farther apart when in formation, and be more like the Thunderbirds, but why would they?

Nothing topped the F4 ;)

Attachments

• Litho-JP-106_F-4J_BLUE_ANGELS-A3.jpg
    Litho-JP-106_F-4J_BLUE_ANGELS-A3.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 7
Has anyone seen the current Blue Angles do the move they show at 2:50 in the F4 video? I don't recall ever seeing that one.

Capture.JPG

Any NHRA top fuel and/or funny car event is my favorite past time of speed and performance. But, there is NOTHING in this world that can beat what the Blue Angels do! NOTHING!

Back