Blu Android Cell Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a couple of them and they've been very good for the money. I first had a Studio 5.0C HD model. It came with android 4.something and ran any app I installed flawlessly. The quality was very good for the sub hundred dollar price point. I somehow managed to brick the phone in the 11th month of warranty. After calling the manufacturer I ended up getting it replaced with a newer model at no charge, just had to pay shipping to send them my old phone.

I still have that phone but I recently dropped it just right and broke the screen. Phone still works ok but I have my eye on the new Blu R1 that just came out. Not in too much of a hurry because I have a BlackBerry as a work cell so I have backup.

I would make sure you get an LTE capable model if that's important to you and also really try to get one with gorilla glass. The R1 is probably the best buy right now among the gazillion different models they have unless you're willing to spend $200+

When we go to Trinidad & Tobago for holiday, this is the phone we get. Not as sturdy or quick with information as the big name brands, but it sufficed. Would i get one as my daily phone? probably not. But then again, we get the cheaper models for our purposes.

Reason I ask is I picked up a NIB Blu Advance 4.0L @Target for $16. I figured for the price I could either flip it and make a few $ or keep it as a backup.

Seems that might be an even older model. I'd keep it for a backup. All their phones are unlocked and most have dual SIM. I doubt you'd make much reselling, they're kind of the Kia of cell phones.

Originally Posted By: JasonC
Reason I ask is I picked up a NIB Blu Advance 4.0L @Target for $16. I figured for the price I could either flip it and make a few $ or keep it as a backup.

If it works with your carrier then that is a great deal!

you could get the blu r1 on amazon for 50$ the other day.

the blu r1 HD with 16gb/2GB ram is currently 59.99$

Get the one with lockscreen ads it takes about 30s to disable them.

The phone you got is awful for anything except calling/texting.

4gb storage(less because of OS)
.5GB ram
old slow dual core processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back