blower motor brand?

I was curious so I googled "blower motor Murray VDO" and there are other reports of people receiving VDO in a Murray box from O'Reilly. One review here on Amazon reports this and his overall product review is not glowing:

Since O'Reilly is private-labeling it my instinct is still VDO blower motors = Chinese junk, but I could still be wrong (shrug)

For a blower motor that easy to replace I'd be OK with a no name white box part if I could not fix the existing motor, or if I didn't feel like going to the junkyard.

For a blower motor that easy to replace I'd be OK with a no name white box part if I could not fix the existing motor, or if I didn't feel like going to the junkyard.
I would too except I need to do a Taco for a guy. It's REALLY easy to get at but just like the SMA vid on the Nissan, when it fails I'm the one left looking like a boob. Sure, I can swap it in 8 minutes but it's an inconvenience for him and lost time warrantying the part for me.

Really? Other than gauges (VDO) and rubber (Conti), what else do they OEM on domestic vehicles?

I was under the impression that VDO blower motors were just rebadged [something]....like maybe Four Seasons?
VDO bought out Siemens Automotive, who in turn got bought out by Conti. I’ve seen Siemens fan and HVAC motors as OE on Fords.

However, as @Trav said many times about an OE supplier being different for the aftermarket, I installed a VDO blower in a Ford a while ago. OE was a VDO made in the US. Aftermarket blower was also VDO but made in China. The Chinese one fell apart after warranty, which was 30 days.

Consider repairing the OE motor (as in does it need new brushes?). Also no junkyard near you?
We also need to know how hard it is to replace this blower motor.
While brushes can go out, bushings or bearings can as well. My HVAC blower has a squeaky bushing I need to lube.

Back