Blow Up At The Lawyers Office

I don't think much about Attorneys. Look up their beginnings! There are always exceptions of course. It's about proof not truth!

I'm not surprised. My FIL was the senior partner at a fairly large medical malpractice defense firm and over the past 25 years of stories about his partners and associates - well I'd believe just about anything.

Blow up title I thought about a bomb going off. :LOL:

We had a guy come into a attorneys office and tried to shot and kill the attorney representing his wife in their divorce.... A state trooper was in the courthouse area that day and heard the shots... He ran over there and him and the guy shot at each other. Thank goodness the state trooper was a better shot. Killed the man right there. State trooper uninjured. Thank goodness.

The attorney to was uninjured too somehow... Several shots fired at him within 12 feet. None hit him thankfully.

This was not a total surprise to those who worked in Gloucester county courthouse. People had said for years this attorney could be gone after by someone because he was quite aggressive in divorce settlement cases.

I was at a lawyer's office doing some estate stuff and a husband and wife walk in.
It was just me and a few secretaries in the extended waiting room.
Their lawyer walks out with a big smile on his face and starts talking loudly that they are no longer in jail.
Repeats it several times with a big grin on his face and the guy's wife blows up saying you don't talk about
us like that in front of people we don't even know. She went into a tirade and walked out.

She took it way too far but thinking about it the lawyer should not really engage in this kind of humor as you
start thinking why are they really there? He could have waited until they reached his office.
They practice humor in addition to blood sucking?

I have a friend who's neighborhood, supermarket and local city is so civilized, organized and unmolested, that it makes me want to get down on the ground, like the Pope, and kiss the sidewalk.

I'm very curious to know where this island of civilized behavior is.

I do NOT want any personal info - just the name of the city and state. I'm betting it is not south of Interstate 40, based on my travels and experiences in the US.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
What the lawyer did wasn't good manners or protocol, but it wasn't like he violated a law or atty/client privilege.

If indeed the couple (or at least one of them) was in jail, and now is out of jail, well that would be a matter of public record. There's no "privilege" when the info is in the public domain.

Last edited:
Most are good? I am still trying to find a good one.
It isn't a guarantee but look for an older one. My wife has worked with most of the attorney's in town over the last 30+ years plus her dad was one, she says it's the younger ones that have no ethics. Years ago it was bad to advertise and you were looked down on from other attorneys if you did, now look at all the commercials on TV.

Back