Bloomberg: Jaguar Seeks to Block U.S. Imports of Porsche, Audi SUVs.

Jaguars aren't even worth counterfeiting :rolleyes:
Hey!! 😂😂 I have really liked mine. At 220,000 miles of relentless abuse, and regular runs to the rev limiter on every shift, its been quite a good car. Of course, the X-type is just a tarrted up Ford Contour.

I even like the newer ones. They drive and ride nicely, more plush than many of the hard-seat BMW’s, yet still retain much of the fun of a drivers car.

That is really curious. Why would VW et al poach technology from Jaguar/Land Rover, possibly the least reliable vehicles on the planet?
They all use Bosch, Conti, ZF and Valeo tech. Just like Honda and Nissan is dependent on Hitachi. Only Toyota(Denso/Aisin) and Hyundai/Kia(Hyundai Mobis/Kefico/Wia and Mando) control their suppliers’ fate.

So JLR needs to take it up with them, not VAG.

Doesn't pretty much every AWD SUV nowadays have selectable modes (snow, mud, sand, etc.)?

Did VWAG put a mole in the JLR engineering team to steal their technology?

This seems to be a moon shot by JLR that is shaky at best.
Perhaps. However years ago LR had a feature called "Hill Descent Control" and BMW was able to poach it during the brief ownership period. So who knows if this is something similar where a LR employee who's in the know brought a similar feature with him/her to VW?

Back