Bloomberg Article: Listening to European Electricity Traders Is Very, Very Scary

Let’s be honest though folks, whether it’s a take on ESG, or other takes on the direct market volatility/prices, the two main underpinnings of this global emerging catastrophe are: too much government regulation/excessive restrictions on industries (especially energy!) that are already tightly controlled; and (at least in the US) we’ve allowed politicians on both sides to repeatedly, with near-complete impunity, to violate the letter of the Constitution.

They sell the idea of “government must take from the haves & supplement the have-nots” as a great idea, when in fact there’s no morality in the document itself, nor room for it from elected politicians when it is followed as written. The intent was that government should be tightly leashed to the actual will of the people, and leave charity to individuals who choose to give of their own means, & churches. Instead, we’ve allowed government handouts to become the god of roughly 45% of the population at this point. Once 51% of the people are voting to steal at will from those they deem “too well-off” and give to themselves, we are truly lost, and the Dark Ages will look like a stroll on Sesame Street compared to what’s coming. Abundance brings peace and prosperity; is it any wonder why those who cling to power are so apt to scream wildly about “get used to shortages (Macron, Biden, Gates, i.e.)”?

ESG & climate activism is coming for us all. I don’t care what BMWTurboDzl thinks about “moving your investments elsewhere”, institutional investors and politicians getting fat at our expense have more weight in the market than all the rest of us combined. With governments picking winners and losers (read: subsidies & handouts) they will simply run the companies who don’t play ball right out of business. See: Covid lockdowns of all small biz, while Walmart & Amazon reap record profits.

The ONLY way to fight this is for people to wake TF up and stop purchasing by most convenient & start spending a majority of their money with LOCAL businesses. And even then it’s a losing battle. Hasn’t everyone played Monopoly?
It will only happen when their Tv tells them to make it happen.

Let’s be honest though folks, whether it’s a take on ESG, or other takes on the direct market volatility/prices, the two main underpinnings of this global emerging catastrophe are: too much government regulation/excessive restrictions on industries (especially energy!) that are already tightly controlled; and (at least in the US) we’ve allowed politicians on both sides to repeatedly, with near-complete impunity, to violate the letter of the Constitution.

They sell the idea of “government must take from the haves & supplement the have-nots” as a great idea, when in fact there’s no morality in the document itself, nor room for it from elected politicians when it is followed as written. The intent was that government should be tightly leashed to the actual will of the people, and leave charity to individuals who choose to give of their own means, & churches. Instead, we’ve allowed government handouts to become the god of roughly 45% of the population at this point. Once 51% of the people are voting to steal at will from those they deem “too well-off” and give to themselves, we are truly lost, and the Dark Ages will look like a stroll on Sesame Street compared to what’s coming. Abundance brings peace and prosperity; is it any wonder why those who cling to power are so apt to scream wildly about “get used to shortages (Macron, Biden, Gates, i.e.)”?
Eyes wide shut eh?

So by your commentary you must fully support the $5 trillion shadow bank bailouts in 2020 and our national debt increasing 33% in a few months with 100% of the cash dumping directly into banks, stocks & large housing investment entities that added exactly zero to the economy building nothing.

AKA entities controlled by the 0.1% foreign and domestic having universal support by everyone causing home and stock divorcing from reality

By comparison only a few percent were actually to go to the working class, most dumped directly in the top paying for their bad decisions.

After 2020 ended the current gov spending 21/22 is a small fraction and closer to normal (irrelevant and a nothing burger)
but yet that is what seems to get the rage not the 33% expansion in the money supply that went directly into the top causing stocks and housing to go crazy

Funny how none of the folks talking fiscal conservative talking points today cared about the largest increase in our money supply in our entire history over a few months in 2020.

Literally no one cared,

Last edited:
Eyes wide shut eh?

So by your commentary you must fully support the $5 trillion shadow bank bailouts in 2020 and our national debt increasing 33% in a few months with 100% of the cash dumping directly into banks, stocks & large housing investment entities that added exactly zero to the economy building nothing.

AKA entities controlled by the 0.1% foreign and domestic having universal support by everyone causing home and stock divorcing from reality

By comparison only a few percent were actually to go to the working class, most dumped directly in the top paying for their bad decisions.

After 2020 ended the current gov spending 21/22 is a small fraction and closer to normal but yet that is what seems to get the rage not the 33% expansion in the money supply that went directly into the top causing stocks and housing to go crazy
Nope, I was quite vocal against all the bailouts, because if state and federal governments hadn’t far exceeded any possible lawful application of their powers, none of the lockdowns nor bailouts, nor mass firings of workers would have ever happened. All responsible should be charged & tried for their crimes against humanity.

I was against TARP bailouts in 2008 as well. The only true result of these unlawful practices is the already poor stay poor, the middle class actually gets poorer, and the 1%/politicians laugh all the way to their offshore bank accounts.

In the mid-'90s the Johnson tapes were released, and to LBJ's credit it was reported that on his deathbed he'd told Ladybird not to allow anyone to edit the tapes - he said he wanted "history with the bark off".

I read a summary in Time or Newsweek. If I recall correctly, and perhaps someone here can confirm, he spoke about The Great Society (the vast expansion of the modern welfare state), and said something like "I want there to be a whole big section of society that's dependent on the state, who will resultantly always vote (a certain way)".

In fairness to LBJ, there was a lot of good stuff in his social programs too, but the idea of deliberately creating an underclass is very sad.

Mods, sorry if this is too close to the forbidden P topic. Please delete this comment if you feel it crosses the line.

Yeah so much for capitalism and free markets...
They will skin you alive.
We have national agency that guards above energy companies. I wonder when finally they'll do some act against this nonsense.
It is your governments, not the free market, that is banning nuclear power, coal and gas fired generators, mandating solar and windmills (I guess that can also mandate that the sun always shine and the winds always blow). Then they decide to rely on Russia, an enemy of the EU and NATO, for what natural gas they do use. But then there is a war in Europe (A war in Europe? Who ever heard of such a thing?) and your politicians decide to embargo your only supply of natural gas. NONE of that involves capitalism or free markets. Get you head out of the sand.

Russia is just burning off the gas now at one of their plants near the Finland border. Germany isn’t laughing now like they did in that UN speech.

finally online, but when you have a-holes as neighbors...

ah, more 💩storms incoming ???

Eyes wide shut eh?

After 2020 ended the current gov spending 21/22 is a small fraction and closer to normal (irrelevant and a nothing burger)
but yet that is what seems to get the rage not the 33% expansion in the money supply that went directly into the top causing stocks and housing to go crazy

Funny how none of the folks talking fiscal conservative talking points today cared about the largest increase in our money supply in our entire history over a few months in 2020.

Literally no one cared,
You weren't reading/listening to the same news sources, I guess.

Eyes wide shut eh?

Literally no one cared,
Tv again. We are living under a supreme crime gang.

I have to say I'm shocked at the number of threads that aren't locked in the last few days. I guess that whole thing nobody wants to talk about has finally gotten into most people's wallets and is making them pay attention...

I have to say I'm shocked at the number of threads that aren't locked in the last few days. I guess that whole thing nobody wants to talk about has finally gotten into most people's wallets and is making them pay attention...

Funny that, I was just thinking exactly the same. This thread is quite political, but remains open.

We have avoided the shallow partisan/divisive stuff. The crises are hitting all of us hard. Very soon we are all going to need emotional support alligators.

The EU crisis is caused by their own stupidity for even thinking that Russia or ANY communist regime would be a "Reliable & Steady" source provider. We're going down the same path, but our stupidity is not political it's green instead. At the rate they are pushing everything electric the grid will be overwhelmed, and the dumps will be overloaded with dead batteries. All changes take time to be successfully implemented, everything has to adjust, but today's green proponents think it's like throwing a switch.

Well, it's europe that threw the first energy punch, not russia.... but they one-upped europe every time though. I guess it's like poker, bluff your way out if your hand is likely too weak.

Back