Blackstone vacuum pumps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
 -

-

-

-

Thanks to www.imgspot.com for the free hosting.

The yellow pump is the new style. My thinking is there's one less place for the pump to leak as the part where the sample bottle gets attached is now one piece with the pump body. The original pump has a threaded adapter holding the sample bottle attachment to the pump body. Also, the hole that actually draws vacuum is up inside the yellow sample bottle holder, as opposed to the original pump which was in the top of the sample bottle holder (you can see two holes in the pic). Less chance of drawing oil into the pump body with the new design I'm thinking. I will admit, I like the shininess of the old pump...
grin.gif

..for those using or interested in a vacuum pump (for getting an oil sample for UOA) Blackstone has a new redsigned pump available. I have it in my hands now, and it appears to be an intelligent redesign. I can post pics if you really want.

Does anyone know if these will work on Toyota Engines/dipsticks? 1zzfe in particular

Seems like a pretty narrow opening and want to make sure it will work! Seems like a neat little thing to have in case of an overfill also.

Any difference in sample quality for UOA's vs through the drain plug?

Goose
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Blue_Goose:
Does anyone know if these will work on Toyota Engines/dipsticks? ... Seems like a pretty narrow opening and want to make sure it will work!

The pump ships with about 3' of standard 1/4" nylon* icemaker tubing readily available at homecenters. If that's too large to fit your Toyota's dipstick tube, it shouldn't be that big a deal to obtain a 1/4" to 1/8" reducer to use 1/8" nylon tubing for the diptstick opening coupled with just enough of the 1/4" tubing to fit up with the vacuum pump. Or you could buy a new ride... If you catch a used oil sample midstream from the pan drain into a clean, dry container, I don't believe you'll run afoul of an accurate analysis.

*I suspect Blackstone sourced nylon because of its heat resistance. Think twice before you substitute vinyl tubing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back