Blackstone tests some engine flushes

I have a car that’s nearly always had good full synthetic in it for nearly 200k and it developed a tick ( probably lifter) I decided to just do a quick 5 min flush and see if it helped. used minute clinic from Walmart and it did stop the tick. Hasn’t done it for a month now and before that it had been doing it for several months. Wish I did it sooner. I visually sampled the oil before and after and the after was much much darker. In fact the before, just as has always been the case when dumping the oil, was just barely brownish. The after was dark brown. The color of the flush was not dark. For those 2 reasons, the lifter tick fix and significant difference in color after 5 minutes of flushing, I conclude that “high quality synthetics” also leave deposits. So a flush every once in a while seems like a reasonable and worthwhile thing to do in some cases.
I say let this guy use and follow the maintenance routine he chooses to with his own machines.
No one is saying he can't but more is not always better especially with his regimen.

"This thread was answered at Post 11" 🤣🤣🤣

We are approaching Peak BITOG...
Ha that's funny, didn't notice my post 11 was actually the answer..hahahaha. But still, my car goes to 11.

Peak BITOG reached I think, I suggest this will likely be locked at some point...so....IN BEFORE LOCK

Have to flush the flush!
This one you'd want to flush, for sure!
20221020_101809.jpg

My car apart at 84K for a new timing chain after a broken tensioner...clean as can be (what I could see) with ~5K changes and LM Engine Flush after a lot of them as well as HPL Engine Cleaner earlier this year and HPL oil most of this year.

View attachment 121693
I recently had my oil pan off and was hoping it looked like that, but it looked like this:

20220806_171643.jpg

What are the details here?
That's at 130k on a 2010 WRX. Spent most of its life in AZ. Bought it at 108k and been doing 3-4k OCI's with Castrol Edge 0W-40 until last two (still on second OCI) when I switched to Delvac ESP 5W-40. Only 'cleaner' used was Rislone High Mileage Engine Treatment at 124k.

That's at 130k on a 2010 WRX. Spent most of its life in AZ. Bought it at 108k and been doing 3-4k OCI's with Castrol Edge 0W-40 until last two (still on second OCI) when I switched to Delvac ESP 5W-40. Only 'cleaner' used was Rislone High Mileage Engine Treatment at 124k.
3-4k mile oci's are a bit excessive I would think unless you're at the track or running it real hard on the street.

Back