Blackstone Miracle!

It's good to know they also tell you when things aren't looking as good as previous oil changes.

Was the air filter in need of replacement or maybe not properly secured in the filter housing?

It's good to know they also tell you when things aren't looking as good as previous oil changes.

Was the air filter in need of replacement or maybe not properly secured in the filter housing?

Saturated K&N as I understand. Also the TBN was low. The additive levels looked low for a Pennzoil HM. I can't say if that was a quality control issue or Blackstone test issues. Iron could have been from Si or Acid or a combination given the issues.

Just thought I would comment because people say Blackstone always says "Try another 1,000 mi next time", no matter the results.

Saturated K&N as I understand. Also the TBN was low. The additive levels looked low for a Pennzoil HM. I can't say if that was a quality control issue or Blackstone test issues. Iron could have been from Si or Acid or a combination given the issues.

Just thought I would comment because people say Blackstone always says "Try another 1,000 mi next time", no matter the results.

Maybe Blackstone hired a new guy and the other guy was away of vacation??

Because BS never sees ragged out/very long OCI on crappy oil UOAs. Think about who uses BS...nerds that want to see oil data that almost always change their oil earlier than necessary and are hyper-aware of maintaining their cars. No surprise to me the UOAs almost always say "try another 1000 miles".

Spot-on, @TiGeo !

For the record, I´ve seen times where they pointed out low TBN and suggested the OCI at least stay the same, and IIRC, a couple of times where they said to shorten it a little. But again, maintenance nerds are indeed the only ones using BS outside of fleet managers. And fleet managers don´t usually post here because they get their fill of it with their jobs.

Spot-on, @TiGeo !

For the record, I´ve seen times where they pointed out low TBN and suggested the OCI at least stay the same, and IIRC, a couple of times where they said to shorten it a little. But again, maintenance nerds are indeed the only ones using BS outside of fleet managers. And fleet managers don´t usually post here because they get their fill of it with their jobs.

One of the many hats I wear is Fleet Manager. I guess that's the reason I tend to post in the passenger section (my Fleet Manager Hat says Heavy Duty Engines).

Back