Blackstone humor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
Blackstone humor in New test kits.
20201214_165610.jpg

I always thought the line on their FAQ page that said some thing like "This paper sucks! My pen doesn't work!" And their answer was "I know, use a pencil" was hilarious.

Not sure if thats real or not, but if it is, its pretty sad. I like humor as much as anyone but after "don't drink oil it tastes bad" and "don't send vampire blood" and finally "don't send it by a pony slapped on the butt" it damages the credibility and the professionalism of the company. A company offering a technical service to the public should do much better than that.

"Prepare to be dazzled?" I don't think so, Blackstone. If I see that paper, I wad it up and throw the whole kit away.

Not sure if thats real or not, but if it is, its pretty sad. I like humor as much as anyone but after "don't drink oil it tastes bad" and "don't send vampire blood" and finally "don't send it by a pony slapped on the butt" it damages the credibility and the professionalism of the company. A company offering a technical service to the public should do much better than that.

"Prepare to be dazzled?" I don't think so, Blackstone. If I see that paper, I wad it up and throw the whole kit away.
Joker_Why_so_serious_by_mjlynch712.jpg

Not sure if thats real or not, but if it is, its pretty sad. I like humor as much as anyone
Why do you ask "Why so serious?" Did you miss what I said, TiGeo? There is a time and place for everything. A technical laboratory analyis someone is paying for is not some lame comedy show. I have worked in petrochemical Laboratories all my life. Anyone who would call a customer a vampire and tell them keep their blood to themselves and caution about sending in samples by "pooping ponies" would likely be dismissed. There has to be SOME level of professionism projected to the paying public. Its a competitive world. Companies who don't take their serious work "serious" likely pay for it.

Why do you ask "Why so serious?" Did you miss what I said, TiGeo? There is a time and place for everything. A technical laboratory analyis someone is paying for is not some lame comedy show. I have worked in petrochemical Laboratories all my life. Anyone who would call a customer a vampire and tell them keep their blood to themselves and caution about sending in samples by "pooping ponies" would likely be dismissed. There has to be SOME level of professionism projected to the paying public. Its a competitive world. Companies who don't take their serious work "serious" likely pay for it.
345149F6-E1EE-4608-9BE7-D847554344E2.png

Imagine getting old and being so grumpy and unhappy.

No, I didn't miss it. Clearly BS doesn't work for you then, cool, go with one of the more serious labs. I don't think some humor by BS is hurting their business one bit and it gave me a good laugh in a year where we all need to laugh more. Not everyone who wants an UOA has petrochemical lab experience.

For every potential customer such as yourself that is driven away by their lame attempts at humor, there is a potential customer such as myself that is more likely to use their services because of the attempts at levity.

Luckily there’s plenty of room in this world for us all, maladjusted or otherwise, to peacefully coexist and conduct business as we see fit.

Having no opinion on Blackstone Labs pro or con (not one of the labs I use)

I don't know where the pony one came from but on the other 2...

There was a day back in the "beginning" of wide spread oil sampling, people did the old "tube siphon" method which is probably where that one originated.

Vampire is the trade name of the industrial sampling device which is probably where that one originated.

Personally I don't see any harm in a little humor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back