Black Friday

Out in the mall yesterday looking for some great deals. Not too many shoppers, some where just window shopping and I ended up the same.
2 years ago, can't get any parking space, this year, you can easily park anywhere.
Went home empty handed. Will try cyber monday which is plan B, if not, plan C would be just gift cards. 😌

We were going to go to Walmart but they didn’t open early this year like they have in years past so I didn’t get to go. My parents went and said nothing worth getting anywhere. When I passed by the other Walmart that I pass on the way to work on Friday morning they were backing out into the road. I miss the days of people fighting each other and stuff when things got real that was the best days lol. I remember one year when this lady got tackled over an Xbox. And the other lady ran out the door with a TV and got met by the cops in the parking lot lol. Unfortunately people shopping online have ruined it for those of us who want to see and feel what we are buying. I wasn’t going to get anything at Walmart but still was bummed about no early sales. My friend went to two malls and said they were dead. I will never understand people and online shopping. When I was a kid I would get all the Lego sets that were on clearance for Black Friday I miss those days.

Went to Lowes around noon figuring the crowd had thinned out, not the case lots of people looking, especially the displays with all the little tool combos you could fill you're tool box with, might have to go back and get me the Craftsman 20v drill for $ 59. ;)

I think the days of the old black fridays of the past is gone forever....
Agree, not sure if the same reason or not though.
Everything seems to be on sale at one time or another, throw in that electronics are first cheap as it is and the sales now start a week early, its no longer a one day event or one morning event.
It's not like just a few years ago where prices were slashed significantly, there are always cheap laptops now, always cheap TVs, always everything electronic on sale somewhere some place.

I do think there maybe some good deals (maybe) on some more expensive products at times and I am not even sure of that.
I dont trust the sales of today unless I am buying maybe a KNOWN $600 to $1600 dollar sound bar or a named brand $2000 TV that I know wont be priced at what I see it this month and even then I dont trust what the stores or manufacturers say a sale is anymore.
Just like "outlet malls" carry cheaper products with name brands on them that are not sold in the actual name brand store.

Anyway still looking for deals and they are out there, but I think it's more Buyer Beware than anytime in the history of Black Friday and now Black Friday weekend and now Cyber Monday and now Black Friday week!! *LOL*

I had to go to the mall, we spent money (quite a lot of it) but we went for one thing... if i had trusted a courier with 2 hi spec 16" MacBook pros i probably would not have gone.

Anyhow... there were a lot of people. Not many of them had bags. I predict it is a bad year for retail...

Agree, not sure if the same reason or not though.
Everything seems to be on sale at one time or another, throw in that electronics are first cheap as it is and the sales now start a week early, its no longer a one day event or one morning event.
It's not like just a few years ago where prices were slashed significantly, there are always cheap laptops now, always cheap TVs, always everything electronic on sale somewhere some place.

I do think there maybe some good deals (maybe) on some more expensive products at times and I am not even sure of that.
I dont trust the sales of today unless I am buying maybe a KNOWN $600 to $1600 dollar sound bar or a named brand $2000 TV that I know wont be priced at what I see it this month and even then I dont trust what the stores or manufacturers say a sale is anymore.
Just like "outlet malls" carry cheaper products with name brands on them that are not sold in the actual name brand store.

Anyway still looking for deals and they are out there, but I think it's more Buyer Beware than anytime in the history of Black Friday and now Black Friday weekend and now Cyber Monday and now Black Friday week!! *LOL*
I think that online shopping has changed it...
Retailers dont want to liable for someone getting killed over a Cabbage Patch Doll
I remember those days along with tickle me elmo.... :ROFLMAO:

Back